Chapter 5: The Vortex

A/N: Hi Everyone! I hope this whole author's note before the chapter doesn't become an actual thing 😅. Anyways public service announcement! After talking to a few people in private and also meditating about it I've decided that it is for the best to continue the story in 3rd person but more centered around Five and Cassie's characters (with this I mean we will dig into their minds the most because after all, they are the 2 main characters in the story). I hope this isn't much of an issue 😬. That being said, enjoy the chapter.

———————

It's been probably around 15 minutes since Luther's failed speech that claimed that one of his siblings had murdered their father. The whole situation regarding their father's death was a bit suspicious but deep inside none of the siblings were really capable of doing such a thing. But it really got them thinking.

Klaus tried to summon the spirit of his recently deceased father but due to his intoxicated state, it was impossible. Meanwhile, all the other siblings were around the house that they haven't been in for many years.

It really felt nostalgic for everyone being able to roam around and see the place they grew up on now as adults. Many people would probably think they lived amazing lives inside the mansion, after all, they were superheroes. But all the siblings knew it really wasn't the case.

Allison and Luther were each of them inside their own bedrooms. Luther was the only one who never left the academy except for his mission on the moon so that small bedroom was all he knew. But for Allison, the feeling of being back on her childhood bedroom felt strange. Especially since everything was exactly how she left.

After Klaus failed attempt to communicate with his father's ghost he went into the kitchen with the urn that held his father's ashes. Sobriety wasn't really an option anymore since good ol' Reggie didn't want to talk. So Klaus too some pills to get high and just tried to get his mind off all the problems that came with being around his very own family.

Diego just went back to the living area and laid down on the couch and started playing with his knives. Something his father would have never allowed but he wasn't here anymore to tell him not to. And Vanya found herself sitting down at the grand entrance stairs in deep thoughts. Wondering if it was really the right choice for her to come.

Luther walked around his room looking around when he saw his collection of vinyl records. He knew that the only thing that could upbeat his very own mood was to play something good. He gazed upon every single record until he decided on one and took it out placing it inside the record player.

Suddenly the upbeat tone of 'I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany' started blasting through the player. The music could be heard from all over the house which caught all the siblings of guard but it somehow managed to cheer them up a little. After all, they were indeed alone now.

They all started dancing in their very own way. And to be fair, not all of them were amazing dancers, Luther being one of them, but they were all just having fun and lost in their very own dance moves. Which it really is a good thing considering all the things they all have been through.

All of the sibling's moods were beginning to get a little better when suddenly a loud thunder roared around the house. The music stopped playing almost instantly and a bright blue light could be seen from outside the house. At first, it kinda seemed like a normal storm but the siblings were mistaken when all of a sudden every single metal object from the house started sticking to the walls.

Everyone except for Klaus rushed outside the backyard and saw a large blue light not too high above the ground which was just very strange.