Chapter 2: Scavengers

Cassie's POV:

It's been probably a couple of hours since Five and I found the dead bodies of Luther, Allison, Diego, and Klaus. They didn't survive what caused the Apocalypse and by the looks of it, the 4 of them were together. But what about Ben? And also Vanya? So far they are nowhere to be found and being completely honest I doubt we will ever find them.

Five has been awfully quiet this whole time but I really can't blame him after all what we just witness is something no 13-year-old ever should. After all, we are talking about the death of our siblings and the whole human race as far as we are concerned.

We are quite far away from the spot we appeared in but the destruction around us is very evident. I turn over and look at Five who is following me while he fiddles with the prosthetic eyeball he found somewhere while we were looking for clues separately.

"Why are you still holding onto that thing?" I ask him as I raised my eyebrow.

"It might be a clue." He replies simply not giving much detail.

"Care to be more specific?" I ask him still confused.

Five rolls his eyes at me. "Well, the person who owned this eyeball might be the cause of the apocalypse." He replies.

"Stop there Sherlock. How did you even put those 2 together if you just found it lying around?" I said to him trying to make sense of his words.

"Who said I found it lying around? You are the one who is assuming things!"

"Well, you are the one leaving details out. How did find it?" I snap back at him.

I keep staring at him as he looks down at the eyeball that is resting on his left hand. "Luther was holding it when I found his body. By the looks of it whoever owns it was fighting with our siblings before they died... So it must be some sort of clue." He says.

"And you didn't tell me this whole time?"

"You never asked." He says simply and keeps walking taking the lead.

I look at him and ran behind him trying to catch up. "You know... we are in this mess together because of what you did. You shouldn't be keeping things away from me. If we want to upper our chances we need to trust each other." I state at him as I walk next to him.

"Well, I already told you that I will get us out of here. I bet that by tomorrow we will be back home in our timeline. And when we do you can never talk to me again if you want." Five says.

I look down and sigh as I keep walking. "I hope you are right about that..." I say quietly not wanting to start another argument with him.

I don't know what I ever did to Five for him to not trust me. Even back at the academy, he would act like a complete jerk around me, and to be honest, I learned to just ignore him when he did. Still, I don't understand why he thinks that when we get back I won't want to talk to him again when he is one who has constantly avoided me. I always thought it might be because he saw me a threat after all I was able to stop any of his actions whenever I wanted to. But the only times I've ever used my powers on him or any of the siblings were either while training, while we were on a mission or when Mr. Hargreeves ordered me to do it and I just couldn't say no. He even tried to push my buttons at times trying to make me lose my patience so I would just force him to shut up or something but I never did.

—————=+=—————

It's been another awfully hour of me and Five not saying a word to each other mostly because I don't want to start a conflict between him and me in a situation like this. No matter how far away we get from where the academy used to stand the destruction goes on and on. The sun is beginning to set which is really scary considering we don't have anywhere to shelter us for the night but that is just one thing to take into consideration. For example, we haven't found any food or water either. Its common knowledge that you can last 3-4 weeks without food but without water, we are going to be lucky if we make it through the fourth day.