Chapter 9: Griddy's Doughnuts

The two 13 years old headed to the kitchen on a mission to find some coffee. Personally, Cassie wasn't that fond of the hot drink, but since Five was addicted to it she just came along with him.

Once they entered the kitchen they found Klaus sitting on a chair with his feet on the table. He was holding a guitar but the funny thing was that neither Cassie nor Five remembered Klaus being able to play any instrument.

"Oh, my two favorite little siblings are here!" Klaus exclaimed watching the two kids open every single cabinet looking for coffee.

"Still older than you," Cassie said turning to look at Klaus and gave him a smile.

"Well, you two don't look like it," Klaus said. "Just look at the both of you, so young and adorable!" He said, smiling. His voice getting more high pitched as he talked.

Five turned to look at Klaus and gave him a death glare his smile fading away instantly. "Okay, I take it back. Cass is the adorable one." Klaus said turning his view to the girl.

"Glad to know you found a passion," Cassie said at Klaus referring to the guitar he was holding.

"What...? Oh, this!" Klaus said at first not understanding what Cassie meant with her comment. "I don't know how to play. I'm just giving it a hug." He said hugging the guitar as if it was some sort of teddy bear.

Cassie laughed at him shaking her head as Allison walked into the room setting her coat on a chair. "Where is Vanya?" She asked everyone wanting to know where her other sister was.

"I don't know, I haven't seen her since the incident outside..." Cassie said at Allison.

"Oh, she's gone," Klaus said already knowing Vanya had left around 10 minutes ago.

"That's unfortunate." Five said getting the attention of everyone in the kitchen. "An entire square block. Forty-two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee." Five said getting angry that he wasn't able to find any coffee.

"Dad hated caffeine." Allison pointed out knowing that Five wasn't going to be able to find any coffee inside the house.

"Well, he hated children, too, and he had plenty of us," Klaus said letting out a small laugh.

Cassie tried to hold back her laugh knowing Klaus was right but didn't want to cause a scene in front of everyone. Reginald only wanted the children because he wanted to create a group of superheroes that would save the world someday. And both Cassie and Five knew how that turned out.

"I'm taking the car. Let's go, Cass." Five said walking over to the girl.

"Where are you two going?" Klaus asked Five, getting his complete attention which was something that didn't happen frequently with Klaus.

"To get a decent cup of coffee." Five replied pointing out his response as obvious as he turned his gaze at Klaus.

"Does any of you even know how to drive?" Allison asked wondering is it was even possible for the two kids to take the car.

Cassie looked at her nodding her head. "Of course we do, we aren't idiots." The girl said and turned over to Five.

"We know how to do everything." Five replied to Allison getting irritated by what he would consider a dumb question.

Number Five quickly grabbed Cassie's hand and spatial jumped out of the kitchen. Allison and Klaus looked at each other a bit concerned but didn't even bother to stop them. They knew it wasn't worth trying.

—————=+=—————

After Five's spatial jump both children found themselves inside their old father's car. Cassie looked over at Five noticing he was in the driver's seat and she was in the co-pilot seat.