002: Rachel Roth

After my stupid fucking therapy session a few days ago, I keep looking back at the notes she had given me to 'help with my trauma'. Some of them were decent, but most of them were plain dog shit.

"Some fucking therapist." I mutter to myself, rolling my eyes.

I shove my therapy notebook into my bedside table, that I have in Dicks room, and grab out all of my 'Foster Bullshit' ones. In it there was a few Polaroids of me and few people, but it was mostly my stories of the 10 years I spent in shit holes with people who didn't care about me.

Before I can reminisce for too long, my phone starts to ring. I get startled but quickly grab my phone and check the caller ID. 'Robin Hood' pops up and I answer immediately knowing that it's my brother.

"Hey, Dick, what's up?" I ask, putting my 'Foster Bullshit' notebook back into the bedside drawer.

"Em, I need you to get to the address I just sent to you right now." Hearing his frantic voice, I stand up and walk to the door.

"On my way now." I tell him, then hang up.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

It took a bit, but I finally made it. I see my brother pacing and a girl standing next to him. I send a questioning glance her way before focusing my full attention to Dick, as he sounded very frantic on the phone.

"Dick?" I call out to him.

Him and the girl turn their heads and look in my direction. As I'm getting closer, I get a better look at the girl. She had purple hair and was wearing all black, and her skin was very pale. She had an expression that I had only seen once before; when my brother watched our parents die.

"Em, thank god. We've got to go." Dick grabs my arm and the three of us start walking.

It doesn't take long for us to arrive at Dicks car. He turns on the lights of the garage he parked it in and opened the door. He pressed a button to pop the trunk, that happened to be in the front, and pulled it fully open.

"This is yours?" The mystery girl questions my brother.

"Family heirloom." As he says that, I snort.

"From the circus?" When she asks that, my head whipped over to her.

'How the fuck does she know about the circus?' I think, my eyes growing wide.

He scoffs, "Not the one you're thinking."

"You're telling me." I mumble.

He shuts the trunk and walks over to his door, then starts saying something.

"C'mon, let's go."

I gladly jump in the front and the younger girl gets in the back, a perplexed look covering her face. We drive in silence, for a bit, until the girl speaks up.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

'God, how many questions does this girl have?' I roll my eyes.

"Somewhere safe." He tells her.

A long pause falls between the three of us until the young girl speaks up once again.

"My mom says there's no such thing as monsters." She paused. "I think she was wrong."

"I second that statement." I raise my hand, looking at both my brother and the girl.

We continue to drive in silence, none of us dared to speak. The tension was thick, like caramel; only caramel tasted better. I put my arm in front of the window and rest my head on my hand, watching the trees and grass flash by.

"So, kid, what's your name?" I glance at the seat behind me.

"Rachel." She tells me.

"Nice to meet you Rachel, I'm Emily."

I turn my whole body her way and move my hand in front of her. Rachel stares at my hand for a second before grabbing it, a small smile on her face. Once her hand met mine, a memory flashed in my mind.

·•°·•°·•°·•°•·

A bit shorter, but a pretty good chapter over all.

The next chapter will, hopefully, be longer then this one. I'm not sure yet.

Chao 👋

*EDITED*