026: Selfish

"I keep falling." Jason states.

"You're okay." Dick reassures.

"No. It won't stop." His voice breaks, breaking my heart in the process.

"Listen-"

"Bruce wasn't the first one, you know... Who tried to help me." He cuts Dick off. "I can make a list. Relatives, teachers, cops, you... Emily. Nobody's been up to the task, Dick."

"That's bullshit and you know it!" I told him.

"Is it? Wasn't it just you trying to blame me for putting that ring in your room?" Jason countered.

"I didn't think it was you, why don't you get that?"

"It doesn't matter anyway, 'cause I got a poison in me. Shit spreads. It can affect even the healthiest people." Jason sighed.

"Why don't you just step away?" Dick offers.

Jason shook his head. "No."

"Just step away from the ledge, Jason." I calmly tell him, watching as he teeters on the edge.

When he doesn't listen, I start walking up to sit next to Jason. Dick sighs and he does the same, being a bit further away from Jason.

"We'll just sit up here quietly..." Dick says.

"Together." I add, gently touching his leg; he slightly flinches.

"I fucked it all up." Jason speaks, after a few seconds of silence. "Coming here. You know, it's happened before. I once spent two nights in juvie and four fucking people died."

"That wasn't your fault..." I softly state.

"YEAH, yeah it was. It follows me like a curse, Emily."

"Nothing's following you." Dick said.

"I'm the reason they all hate each other. The reason that kid got shot. The reason this place won't work." He exhales loudly. "But I can fix it. Remove the poison."

"What about me! What about what I want... Why can't I be selfish and have something I deserve?" I quietly ask the last part.

"You deserve better. I want to be with you, but I just can't... It's for your own good." Jason responds.

"But- I need you." My voice breaks.

"Can I tell you something?" Dick interrupts us. "Something I've never told anyone..."

He pauses, staring behind him and back a few times before finally stopping on Jason.

"It's not you. You're not the poison. It's me. It's my fault. It's this secret that's making us all sick... My secret. I caused all of this. I did something... Five years ago. Something unforgivable.

I killed Deathstroke's son."

•°•°•

Okay, hear me out...

I'm a bitch.

This was an EXTREMELY short chapter but that was such a good cliff hanger that I just had to.

Next time, I'm posting TWO chapters to make up for this don't worry

(I bet some of you read the title as shellfish)

*EDITED*