014: The Train

The train that we were on, to get to Angela and Rachel's house, suddenly stopped, jerking me awake. Once I woke up, my head lifted from Gars shoulder and I looked around.

"Probably just being paranoid." Kory responds to a question, that I couldn't quite catch, from Gar.

"What did I miss?" I ask groggily.

"Well, for one, Gar's drunk." Kory laughed.

"What?" I say, looking towards Gar. "How much did he have?"

"A shot." Gar told me.

"Fucking lightweight." I snicker at his state from a single shot.

"I'm getting a drink." Kory said, getting up.

"Could you get me a beer?" I ask.

She turned to me, giving me the 'what would Dick say' look. I usually got that from Dick about our parents when we were younger.

"Please?" I smile.

"Ugh, fine. Don't tell Dick." She gives in.

"Thanks Kory!" I exclaim to her as she walks to the bar.

After a few minutes, she comes back with her drink and a bottle of beer for me. I take it and thank her. As I'm taking a sip, I see Gar looking at me.

"You want to try some?" I smirk.

"Uh, yeah, if you're okay with it." He sheepishly says.

"'Course. Here." I hand him the bottle.

A few seconds after he takes a sip, his face turns sour. He slowly swallows the liquid and makes a grossed out noise after. At this, I'm laughing my ass off; still in some pain, mind you.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Ladies and gentlemen, please remain seated. We'll be stopping briefly and resuming our trip in just a few minutes. Thank you." A male voice comes from the PA.

"Wake up." Kory slaps Gar awake. "We have to find Angela And Rachel. Come on!"

We stand up and Gar wobbles a bit as he walks. His jacket was half off but he just grabbed his backpack and continued on his merry way.

"Where's Rachel?" Kory asked Angela, once we made it to her and Rachel's seats.

"She went to the bathroom. Why?" She asked.

"I need you to find Rachel..." Kory turned to me and Gar.

"What's happening?"

"And get them out of the train." Kory told Gar and me.

"The conductor-"

"Just do it." She demanded.

"What're you gonna do?" I ask.

"I'm fine. Just go." Kory said, walking away.

"Okay." Angela said, following me and Gar.

"Are those the cops!?" Gar exclaimed.

"Keep going. Move!" I pushed him. "We need to find Rachel."

"Alright." He mumbled.

"Rachel!" I say as she came out of the bathroom. "Let's get out of here."

I grab her and start leading her, and everyone else, out of the train. I see a door and keep moving until we're outside, when the train promptly blew up.

'What did Kory do this time?' I shake my head.

"Kory said to meet down the road." Gar said.