005: A Visit

"That billionaire, Bruce Wayne, he raised you?" Rachel asked.

At this I scoff and mumble. "I wouldn't call it 'raising', more like reaping the benefits of 'saving' an orphan child."

"Yeah." He robotically says, nodding.

"Must've been cool."

"It was... Complicated." He tells her.

"Does it ever go away?" Rachel questions.

"What?"

"The feeling you got left behind."

I feel my heart stop at this question. It was a simple question, but held so much meaning behind its words. I left Dick, I ran away like the coward four year old me was. I left him. But it still feels like he left me.

I knew what she was asking, it was about losing our parents. Still, I couldn't get out of my own head about Dick and what happened between us years ago. I sunk a bit lower in my seat and kept my eyes outside of the window, not feeling like answering the question.

"Yeah." He took a long pause, "Well, no, not entirely."

Rachel processes his words, probably thinking of something that had been on her mind. I know the feeling, I've known it for years. Except, it was about the fucking suitcase and what the hell he had to hide in there; what the hell he had to hide from his own sister.

"You're gonna leave me too, aren't you?"

I shot up in my seat to take a long look at Rachel, the broken and defeated look that was etched onto her delicate features; like a person carving a statue.

"No, never. Not gonna happen. Friends don't leave!" I exclaim. "And friends don't lie."

Dick had to think a bit longer, and I knew whatever he was going to say would be the exact opposite of what he meant. I could tell by his eyes, he has this look when he's about to lie.

"No. No, I'm not gonna do that."

It pained my heart for him to lie like that, but I didn't speak up. If he does leave her, I can guarantee he'll feel so bad that he'll have to come back for her.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

We drove for another while, and the silence was almost deafening. The three of us decided not to speak, I have no clue as to why. God, I wish one of us had spoken.

"So, who are these guys?" Rachel asked as we walked up to some strangers door.

"Old friends. Truth is, I haven't seen them for a long time" Dick responds before knocking on the door.

'This can't be good.' I think, clutching my bag.

The door opens to reveal a beautiful blonde woman whos hair was in a loose braid. She looked at Dick as if she had seen a ghost, and the sexual tension was real.

'Oh god, did these guys fuck or something?'

"Hey." Dick awkwardly greeted.

"Hi." The lady greeted back.

"Hi." Rachel said, breaking the obvious tension.

'I love you, Rachel.' I say in my head.

"I'm Rachel." She puts her hand out and the lady takes it.