022: Jason Or Rose

After their little 'meeting' they told us to stay put. Me, wanting to find Jason, obviously disobeyed them and followed  them down the tunnels. I was close behind Dick, but far enough where he didn't notice me.

I watched as they all talked around the spot that Jason was, supposedly, taken from, and I just kept quiet. I made sure my breathing was paced slowly and not erratically and I was staying out of sight.

"What? Where you goin'?" Hank called out to Dawn and Donna as they left, saying how they were out.

"To get Jason. And for the record, this is all of our faults. Every single one of us. So, get over it and move on." Dawn stated. "Jason's out there and we're wasting time."

"Well, we can't keep wondering the tunnels all night looking for this tracking signal. We need a new plan." Hank said.

"Let me help." I say, walking over to them.

"What the hell are you doing here, Emily? I told you to stay with Gar and Rachel." Dick questioned.

"Yeah, hard pass. I'd rather help find Jason and feel at ease and not stay at the tower and feel like you're going to come back and say he's dead." I state. "And don't even try to get me to go back, because you'd have to kill me before that happens."

Dick sighed. "Fine. But you have to listen to whatever I say, got it?"

"Yep. Now let's find the asshole who took Jason."

Dick looks around for a second before stopping. Donna looks at him as he raises his flashlight.

"Dick?" She quizzes. "What is it?"

He walks up to the wall and stares at something there. I follow after him and look as well, wanting to know what it is.

"Is that a fucking camera?" I question as Dick grabs it and breaks it.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"I got something." Dick said.

"He's not moving. Why isn't he moving?" I question, worry building up.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"I see you've found my gift." Deathstroke said, over the phone.

"Deathstroke." I spit.

"Where's Jason?" Dick asked.

"Oh. You mean your little sidekick?" He asked.

"Who the fuck you calling a sidekick, asshole?!" Jason yells.

"That's Jason, alright." I state.

"Atta boy." Hank praised.

I could hear Jason being beaten over the phone and it broke my heart. I held a firm grip to his shirt, that I was still wearing, and shoved my hand in the pocket of a pair of sweatpants I took from his room.

"You fuckin' bastard! Come try that shit with me!" Hank shouted.

"Just tell us what you want!" I exclaim.

"As I was saying, if you want him back, hand over Rose." He told us.

We all looked around at each other, contemplating what to do. I had no idea what my answer would be, I've known Jason for longer but Rose is such a nice person to be talking to.

"And how do we know you're gonna keep your promise?" Dick questioned.

I could hear Jason gasping and coughing over the phone and I just wanted to stab Deathstroke in the heart and watch the life drain from his eyes slowly.

"Tonight, 3:00 a.m. Embarcadero Plaza, outside. Use this phone to confirm." Deathstroke hung up.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

The five of us stand in silence as we wait for the elevator to stop, all of us taking in what had just happened and what we need to do to get Jason back. Once the elevator opened, I was the first to step out. What I saw when I stepped into the main room, however, was not what I expected.

"Kory?" Me and Dick say at the same time.

"Oh my god, you're here. You're really here." I run up and engulf her in a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too." Kory hugged me back, smiling.

"What happened to Jason?" She asked after we pulled back.

The air turned serious and my mood died down substantially. My head dipped a bit and I avoided eye contact, not wanting to let any tears fall.

"Let's talk in the training room." Dick said, motioning his head towards the right hallway.

I didn't follow, instead I walked towards where Rachel, Gar, and Rose sat. I just pulled up a seat and sat down on it, staring at my hands.

"It's bad. I can tell." Rachel said. "They don't think we can handle hearing the truth."

"You're not ready." I mumble, not taking my eyes away from my hands.

"What happened?" Rachel asked.

I ignored her question and fiddled with my fingers, feeling as it's not my place to tell Rose we have to give her back to her dad. If that's even what they decide on or not; I really hope it's not.

"I know a way to find out." Gar stated.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I sit in my bedroom as Gar tried figuring out what's happening. I look through the pictures on my phone of me and Jason from the moment we were in the tower to before he was taken.

'God, I fucking miss him' I sigh.

•°•°•°•°•

Short chapter, but there is more come. I promise!

*EDITED*