CHAPTER FOUR

TAEHYUNG

"I'm just breaking inside..." Her voice. I couldn't forget her voice in my mind. It kept resonating through my ears over and over again. Damn it!

"Hey, you okay?" JK asked me.

We are here in the cafeteria, ordering the special menu for today. The food is tasty but the drinks? Never mind. They are not selling cold drinks here since students are all musicians and most of them are singers.

"Maybe I should bring my tumbler next time," JK joked when he saw the menu for drinks.

Tea, coffee, and warm water are the available drinks so I decided not to buy them. It's just a waste of money, RM will bring a water dispenser today for our practice room. I'll just drink there.

"Is that Jennie?" JK pointed to the two girls sitting near the window.

It was indeed Jennie and I don't know who's the girl beside her, maybe it was Lisa the girl she was talking about a while ago.

"Yep, and I don't care." I put my hands inside my slacks pocket and waited for my order.

To be honest, I was planning to sit with them if JK didn't join me for lunch. This is the first time he has joined me since he has many fans who want to sit with him. He's so popular and he didn't care if they were invading his privacy.

"Hey, reddy cheeks!" I closed my eyes when I heard Jennie shouted and waved her hands at me.

Damn! Did she saw that? I blushed when she sang a song not because I like her, it's just she has this sweet soft voice that I want to hear over and over again. Her voice is so angelic and for sure if people heard her sing, they will react the same way.

"Is she calling you?" JK asked then looked at Jennie.

"I don't know, and I don't care." I quickly grabbed my order when the crew put it in front of me, then made my way to the opposite side of Jennie's table.

Damn that girl. I never thought that she has this annoying side.

"I thought you're going to join us? Are you afraid that you might blush again when you see me?" I was startled when I saw Jennie sitting in front of me, holding her food tray. Lisa wasn't with her and JK was still waiting for his order on the counter. So it was just me and Jennie in this corner.

"Aren't you too full of yourself, lady? You declined right?" I asked, and then find my in-pods in my pocket.

She didn't answer, the reason why I looked at her and to my surprise, she was wearing her poker face again. Her cat eyes were looking at me intently and her hands turned into fists.

"Am I not pretty?" she asked with a soft voice as she lowered her head.

I felt like I did something wrong, and then my heart started to race out of nervousness. Did I make this girl cry? Is she crying? Damn!

"Hey, why are you asking me that? You should ask the mirror."

"It won't answer." She's still looking at the floor while heaving a sigh.

"Okay fine, you're pretty." I let out a harsh breathe after saying that.

She lifted her head and looked at me with innocent eyes. "Thanks!" She showed me her gummy smile then stood up and carried her tray with her.

"Crazy," I mumbled.

"Lisa! Pay for my food, Taehyung said I'm pretty!" Jennie shouted, and everyone looked in my direction.

I covered my face with my palm then started eating my food.

I smiled a little at her craziness. Maybe that's the reason why people love her so much. She's so jolly and easy to be with. Once again, I took a glance in Jennie's direction and she was eating happily with Lisa. Her smile was ear to ear and I don't know what they were talking about.

As if I care!

I turned away and finished my food as quickly as I can.

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

"I'm home!" I shouted as I took off my shoes and place them on the rack.

Guess nobody is home again, except for my mom.

I made my way to the kitchen to see the most beautiful lady in my eyes. I hugged her from behind and she gently touches my hand and looked at me worriedly.

She used sign language to communicate with me, and I understand it quickly. She told me to take a shower and we will eat together.

My mom is deaf and mute. There were times that she wanted to leave us because my father couldn't understand her at all, that's why I decided to learn how to use sign language so I can be her translator and she won't feel the burden anymore.

My mother wasn't born like that, she was a great singer and musician before. She loves playing the keyboard and sings for us when I was a child, but everything has changed when she was caught up in an accident. She has an injury to Broca's area, located in the left inferior frontal cortex of the brain that causes her muteness. And that's the reason why she's so frustrated and her hands were always trembling while she's writing what she wanted to say.

My father hired someone who can teach her sign language so she won't write anymore, but my mom refused. She wanted surgery and the doctors couldn't give that to her. She badly wants to return to the music industry and play the piano again, but it's too late for her. She envied my brother every time she saw him play, she wanted to hear the music we're making and every time I saw her crying because of her disability, it breaks my heart into pieces. That's the reason why I don't want to sing, I don't want my mom to feel jealous.

Multiple rings coming from my phone pulled me into my deep thoughts. It was from my brother Jin. I pressed the green button and put the in-pods in my ears.

"Ask mom what she wants for dinner." He prompted.

"She's already cooking, just buy a cake."

"For?" he asked, making me stopped for a moment.

"Bullshit, you forgot? It's her birthday."