CHAPTER SIX

TAEHYUNG

"So why are you two together?" RM raised his eyebrows when he saw Jennie and me eating together here in the cafeteria at Jennie's favorite spot‒ near the window.

"He asked me to join him, what's wrong with that?" Jennie asked her brother with knitted brows.

RM flicked her forehead, making her whimpered a bit. Jennie grabbed her fork and acted like she's going to stab RM. I just looked at them as I chewed the food in my mouth.

"Why are you here anyway? Did Jisoo already dumped you?" I asked, referring to her girlfriend.

"How'd you know?" RM asked.

Our eyes widened when he asked that. Jennie and I looked at each other then turned to RM who's sitting in front of us now. He was eating Jennie's side dish, and we could see how he held his tears from escaping.

"Then battle of the bands no more?" Jennie asked and he shook his head.

"I just need to find a new manager for DM, but the problem is no one wants to apply. If I accept girls, they will only flirt with us." Jennie pinched RM's bridge of the nose, making him whined, and tapped the table multiple times as a sign of surrender.

"Hey, not all girls have a crush on all of you." She rolled her eyes at her brother.

I watched them playfully argue while I'm eating my lunch.

I wish I have a little sister. Jin is serious all the time, he prefers to stay quiet all day and mind his own business. When it comes to Douce Melodie's fans, he's always the jolliest and the one who kept the fans entertained. People might think that he's two-faced.

"See you tomorrow at the meeting, V!" RM waved his hands as he made his way out of the cafeteria.

The sudden silence fell upon us when RM left, and no one dared to speak. We just ate our lunch and brought back the tray to the counter and made our way to the classroom. Jennie was so silent, but I didn't bother to ask. Maybe RM said something a while ago, and she needed alone time.

"Is my brother that rude to Jisoo? To dump him like that?" Jennie was now sitting at her seat and looking at the window with her chin on her palm. She's cute.

"Jisoo and RM were always in the practice room working for Douce Melodie's new songs. She was the lyricist, but RM always argues with her because she's too hopeless romantic. Our songs turned out to be a heartbreak one instead of a love song." I explained.

"That's all? I thought he's editing all the songs, why can't he just change it?" She looked at me with confused eyes.

"That's not how it works, Jennie Kim." I heaved a sigh then rested my head on her shoulder while everyone was still outside.

I could feel that she's hurting for her brother's breakup, but love is always painful. If you can't endure it, then don't fall in love. That's how easy to control love.

"You're heavy, sleepyhead." I squinted at her, and she rolled her eyes as she pushed my head away from her shoulder. "If you're sleepy better find a pillow, my shoulder's not soft."

I chuckled then rested my chin on my palm as I looked at her while she's writing in her notebook. Her face is so serious that even me is afraid to talk to her right now.

"Jennie, someone's looking for you outside." Our classmate called her and she looked at the door.

Lisa was standing there with arms over her chest and got excited when she saw Jennie glanced at her. Jennie was about to stand up when she entered the room and pulled a chair and placed it in front of Jennie.

"Your brother's girlfriend joined our band, Jennie! She's our new keyboardist!" Lisa giggled and shook Jennie's shoulder, but Jennie just faked a smile, pretending to be happy for her best friend.

"Maybe that's the reason why she quit our band," I butted in, and Lisa's eyes widened.

"Stop butting in when girls are talking," Jennie said then pulled Lisa outside the room.

I just shrug my shoulder and slapped my forehead. Wrong move, Taehyung. Wrong move.

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

The moment I got home, I hurriedly went to the kitchen to see if my mom was there, but she wasn't. I went to her room and she's not there also. I looked around the garden and in the backyard, but she's nowhere to be found.

"Where's mom?" I asked Jin when I saw him lying down on his bed while listening to music. I took off his headphone when he didn't answer me.

"She's with dad, buying new clothes. We're going to RM and Jennie's house tomorrow evening. Prepare some clothes too," he said.

"For?"

"Their father is Dad's new business partner. They want us to get along with them, especially to Jennie." He put his headphone on and motioned me to get out of his room, which I did immediately.

I went to my room and check my phone messages. There's one from RM, Dad, and an unknown number. I checked the unknown number first only to know that it was Ms. Danvers's number.

From: unknown number

Evening, it's Ms. Danvers your piano teacher. I saw your answers in our last activity. In case you need help, feel free to see me at my office. I'm also the academy's guidance counselor, so it's fine.

My eyebrows raised. Answers? To what?

I snapped my fingers when I remembered the folder that Jennie Kim passed to her earlier. What did she write there? Damn it!

To: Ms. Danvers

Good evening Ms. Can I review my answers tomorrow? Maybe I was just sleepy when I wrote those :)

"If you wrote something embarrassing there Jennie Kim, I'll show you the hell!" I gritted my teeth as my hands clenched into fists.