CHAPTER SIXTEEN

TAEHYUNG

"Taehyung, close your eyes!" Chaeyoung shouted when one of the guys took off his shorts.

I tried to untie the cable ties on my hand, but it was no use. I was lying on the ground with full of bruises all over my body and my feet were chained to a chair.

"Chaeyoung..." I cried hopelessly when the guy ripped her clothes. "Don't please, just kill me please. Don't touch her, please..." My voice was cracked, but I kept on pleading not to touch my girl.

Damn it, I couldn't do anything to save her.

"Please... Kill me, please." I cried once again, but the three guys just laughed at me.

"Taehyung, just close your eyes." Chaeyoung's angelic voice made me cry even more.

I was crying like a child, but when Chaeyoung smiled at me and mouthed it's fine I felt my world lightened. I closed my eyes, but my ears kept on hearing things. Chaeyoung's pain, the three guys' laugh, and the cruel wind that kept on whistling.

"Chaeyoung!" I gasped for air and I could feel that I'm excessively sweating right now. That nightmare, it came back.

I wiped the sweat on my forehead and went to the bathroom to wash my face. The moment I looked at the mirror I hauled my plain white shirt over my head, only to reveal the scars on my chest. These are stabbed that I got after they did that to Chaeyoung, I asked them to kill me so I could be with her, but life was so cruel to let me live. Ever since that day, I told myself that I won't get involve with other girls.

Those three guys were wanted before for stealing goods in the grocery and Chaeyoung tried to stop them from causing too much trouble but this happened, they killed her after that and threw her body on a cliff. I woke up in the hospital five days later, the same day when they found her body. The three guys were caught and told everyone that I was there, but I didn't stop them. The court didn't believe them, but Chaeyoung's family did. They cursed me to death and ruined me so that no school would accept me. Luckily, Musica et Natus' owner didn't believe what the Park Family told them and let me enrolled in their school, but I didn't like there either.

The three guys escaped from the cell and returned to hurt Jennie, that day I couldn't control myself. I wanted to kill them with my hands, I wanted to throw their dead bodies on the cliff and lied to everyone, but I couldn't. I found someone that I needed to protect now that's why I wouldn't do anything stupid to disappoint them.

Jennie ignored me for the whole month, she even exchanges seats with our classmate to avoid me. I couldn't tell her the truth because I was so afraid that she wouldn't believe me. I told myself, that I'll just make her realize that I wasn't the guy Chan told her about. I want to tell her everything, but since Chaeyoung was her best friend I know she'll be hurt more than I did.

Today is the battle of the bands and everyone was nervous except for us. We were just chilling in the practice room while eating pies made by my mom. I turned to Jennie, who's busy putting all her stuff inside her bag as RM kept asking her how she is. She looks so pale and I could see that anytime soon she would collapse.

"Why did you let her leave?" I asked RM.

"She said she's tired, and our dad will fetch her at the gate." RM took a bite of the pie.

I stood up and followed Jennie outside. Her steps were confusing, I didn't know where she's going right now. I want to help her, but I'm afraid she'll push me away. The moment she reached the nearest benches, she immediately takes a sit. I watched her from afar, but when I saw that she's getting paler and paler, my feet moved in her direction and asked what happened and why she's like that, but she just gave me a thumbs up and fell on my arms.

I checked her pulse and my heart race when I couldn't feel anything. I used Ms. Danvers's car to bring her to the hospital and told my bandmates that I couldn't make it. Jennie needs me more than them, and I should stay with her. That's the last thing I can do for now.

"Where are her parents?" the doctor asked.

"What happened to her doc?" I asked back.

"I can't tell you, where are her parents? Can you contact them?" the doctor said and I just nodded.

I called RM and told him to come to the hospital. Less than five minutes, they were already here. They were all shaking and worrying that they didn't even notice me. I just texted RM that I'm going home because my duty is done.

Finally, I saved someone.

My tears fell when I received RM's text that Jennie was okay now, and she's awake. It's already 2 a.m. yet I can't sleep because I'm so worried. Now, I can sleep peacefully with a smile on my face.

"Great job, Taehyung. Keep it up." I saw Chaeyoung smiling when I closed my eyes.

If only I was strong enough back then, maybe I could save you. Maybe you're playing the guitar with me in the practice room and we're making music together. Maybe, just maybe.