CHAPTER FOURTEEN

TAEHYUNG

I don't know what's got into me either when I said those words.

Distort? What the fudge Taehyung Kim! Are you a delinquent to distort someone's life? When did you become so cowardly like this? Damn it.

"Hey, stop rolling in your bed. RM's looking for you," Jin said when he opened the door and saw me rolling on my bed.

"You should knock next time."

"You should lock next time," he said.

Jin still looks so sleepy right now and his hair was still in a mess. I followed him outside and saw RM sitting on the sofa in our living room. He has a guitar on his side.

"Hey, my father bought you a guitar. Sorry about what happened to your old one. I hope you'll still forgive Jennie." RM handed me the new guitar and I looked at it intently.

Oh right, I remembered. Jennie broke my guitar last night when she saw a spider and used my guitar to kill it. She was so scared that she forgot that it was my guitar and not hers. It's fine though, that guitar had no sentimental value.

"I was going to buy one, give that to Jennie. She told me that she badly wants to learn how to play," I said.

"My father won't let her, since her hands were so soft. He didn't want Jennie to have callouses."

So that's the reason why she doesn't know how to play.

"But if she wants to play, then Dad will let her." I nodded at RM's words.

"I'll take this, and I'll buy her a guitar."

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

"Where are we going?" Jennie asked and I clapped three times.

"Guitar shop!" I said mocking Dora's beat.

"Crazy," she said then chuckled.

I pulled her inside the guitar shop, and let her eyes feast on the lovely guitars hanging on the wall. Jennie's eyes brightened up and looked at me full of excitement.

"Good morning, ma'am." The saleslady led us the way to the girl's guitar spot.

Most of the guitars here are color pink, yellow and other light colors. They also have different designs that the girls would definitely like.

"I want a black one with my name on it." Jennie turned to the saleslady and she immediately nodded. She gave Jennie a piece of paper where she could write her name, contact number, and her desired color.

"We'll contact you the moment we finish it, ma'am." Jennie enthusiastically smiled and pulled me to the guy's guitar spot. She rubbed her chin while scanning the guitars hanging on the wall.

"Do you want that one?" she asked, but I shook my head.

"Your dad bought me a new one, RM delivered it to my house earlier." I messed her hair because of her cuteness.

After we paid for her guitar, Jennie decided to enter a fast food restaurant to buy a float for her brother. We even ordered our food, since it's already noon and we're starving.

"By the way, I still don't get what you said last night," Jennie said as she curled the spaghetti on her fork. "You know, the distort thingy?"

I looked away, pretending that I didn't hear her question. I don't exactly know why I said that word. I didn't mean that I'm changing her life in a bad way, I just want to remain involved with her until the end. I don't know how to explain this, damn it.

"My life has been distorted ever since you came, so just get straight to the point Taehyung." This time her voice became colder than ever. She's wearing a blank expression now, as she waited for my response.

"Can we just talk about it later? I'm starving," I said then faced my untouched food.

My heart pounded and I didn't know what to do. She's making me nervous with her aura and shy at the same time.

After we finished having lunch at the fast food, Jennie pulled me into Toy's World and bought some tokens. She was giggling while playing different games and I was just behind, watching her. She's enjoying every game she went to except for the claw machine.

"I want that unicorn!" Jennie looked at me with pouted lips and innocent eyes. She spent almost 20 tokens yet she still didn't get the unicorn she wanted to.

"Wait here," I said then went to the cashier to ask for assistance. I'm not good at this so I'm just going to buy the unicorn.

"I'm sorry sir, but we're not selling those stuffed toys. If you want to get it, just use tokens and try your luck." I nodded at what she said and bought almost 50 tokens.

I went back to Jennie and saw her holding the unicorn she wanted. She was smiling from ear to ear and kept on thanking the guy beside her. The atmosphere became daunting as I narrowed to the guy. I don't know him and I don't see him studying at MeN either. If she happened to be Jennie's ex-boyfriend, I'll punch him in the face.

"Taehyung, look!" Jennie waved her unicorn in the air when she saw me standing from afar. The guy beside her looked at me, and my body froze when I remembered who he is.

Chan, my ex-girlfriend's brother.

"Long time no see, Taehyung. Guess you found yourself another girlfriend." Chan looked at me from head to toe.

"I'm not his girlfriend, Chan. We just bought a guitar and I pulled him here," Jennie said, making Chan nodded but he's still looking at me in disgust.

"See you around, Jennie." Chan smiled at her and waved goodbye.

I let out a harsh breathe after Chan left.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jennie asked in a serious tone.

"What?"

"That you are Chaeyoung's ex-boyfriend?" I was taken aback when I heard her question. "Chaeyoung is my one and only friend in middle school, but she suddenly disappeared. Is that how you distort someone's life?"