CHAPTER NINE

JENNIE

I still couldn't forget what happened earlier, those guys are creepy. They were stealing something on the table when the other hugged me tightly from behind. He even sniffed my neck, making my skin crawled. They were disgusting and dangerous.

"Hey, what took you so long?" RM asked me when he saw me walking slowly in the parking lot.

I want to tell him everything, but I trust Taehyung that he will handle it correctly. If RM found out, he will blame Mr. Lee for what happened. I guess he's innocent and I was the one who insisted to get his briefcase since I was also looking for my brother.

"Nothing, I'm just tired." I smiled at him, then entered the car.

"Is it because of V?" he asked again, but I shook my head.

I am still mad at Taehyung for what he did, but after seeing him crying because I was crying it made my heart soft. He was concerned, he was worried and I couldn't tell if he cared about me.

My face heated when I remembered what happened in the infirmary. Taehyung was about to kiss me! There's a part of me that wants to slap him, but my mind tells me to go back to sleep and wait for his lips. Damn it!

"Hey, you okay?" My brother asked and touched my forehead to see if I have a fever, making me slapped his hand away.

"Shut up, I'm not blushing!" I exclaimed.

"So you're blushing?" RM gave a cheeky expression, the reason why my face heated again.

The car engine started when the driver came back. RM leaned on his car seat and closed his eyes, while I look outside the window. Before we left the parking lot, I saw the two guys from earlier lying on the ground, and Taehyung was punching the last one.

I covered my mouth with my hands when I saw his bruised face. He was also gritting his teeth and his final punch made the guy stumbled on the ground. I want to stop the driver but RM told me not to do anything stupid.

"You saw it too?" I asked.

"Those guys raped his girlfriend years ago, it's fine. V's not a delinquent, he's just having his revenge."

My body froze at what I heard.

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

The thought of Taehyung's girlfriend was raped lingered on my mind. I wonder if that's the reason why he's cold to everyone even if they were showing affection to him. I also wonder if that's the reason why he doesn't want to sing.

"They are here," my father excitedly said and opened the door for them.

I was standing behind my brother and mother's back as they welcome our guests. I saw Seokjin and his parents, but Taehyung wasn't around.

"Where's Taehyung?" I asked nonchalantly.

"He's still in the car, getting the homemade pies." Seokjin smiled at me.

I just nodded and looked at their back, but Jin kept on blocking the way.

"Come in, the food's getting cold." My father leads their way to the dining area, but I stayed waiting for Taehyung.

When I saw him entered the front door, my face brightened up and helped him to carry the pies but he shook his head, declining my hand.

"You okay now?" he asked.

The bruises on his face were still visible though some of them were covered by a band-aid. He also has a long cut on his neck and the band-aid couldn't cover it.

"I should be the one asking you that," I said with raised brows, but he just chuckled and made his way to the dining area.

They were all sitting in their seat, my family was on the left side while Taehyung's fam was on the right. My father motioned us to sit down and join them, which we did immediately. I'm facing Taehyung right now and he was just quiet getting some dishes on the table.

"I told you that I'm going to introduce you to a Kim right, Jennie? Here's Seokjin Kim, he's the eldest and he also went to MeN." My father smiled genuinely.

I turned to Taehyung, but he just gave me a half-shrug then eat the food on his plate.

I thought he's going to introduce me to Taehyung since he's the same age as me. Seokjin Kim is out of my league, damn it.

"You should greet my future son-in-law." Dad nudged me, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"That's too early, hon. They were still in high school." My mother chuckled and they all laughed.

What's funny about that?

I turned to Taehyung's mother and she was just silently eating just like her youngest son. Her husband wiped the sauce near her lips using the napkin and smiled at her.

I think I saw her before on television, I just can't remember when.

"You're staring too much, snap it up," RM whispered, causing me to look away.

Throughout the dinner, they were just talking about me and Jin. Our talent and grades, and how we were meant to be. I just want the ground to open and swallow me whole. Taehyung was just listening and faking a smile from time to time, while Jin was enjoying the whole conversation.

"I'll just cut the pies," I said then stood up and went to the kitchen to avoid the suffocating atmosphere.

I took a knife and hauled the pie from the box. I was about to cut it when someone held my hand from behind. It was Taehyung's scent.

"I'm sorry," he said then rested his chin on my shoulder to get a clearer view of the pie.

"For?" My heart pounded when I felt him glanced at me.

"For shouting at you, I'm sorry." He guided my hand to cut the pie in the same position. My heart wanted to explode right now because of our distance, but I didn't want to move. I like his scent, his vibrance, and his alluring presence.

"Where's the‒" Taehyung removed his chin on my shoulder, but I held his hands tight for us to stay in the same position. "Pie." RM continued.

"Here. Get it." I prompted.

RM pulled Taehyung away from me and gave him death glares. Taehyung looked on the floor, making me rolled my eyes at my brother.

"If Dad saw you two, you know what will happen." He grabbed the pie and exited the kitchen.

I reached out for Taehyung's hand and lifted his chin with my free hand. "You're forgiven."