CHAPTER SEVEN

JENNIE

"Please, Jennie!" My brother knelt in front of me as brushed his palms together.

He kept on telling me to be their next manager so they can join the battle of the bands next month. He also said that I don't have to work and it was just for documents purposes. Bands that don't have managers will be disqualified according to rules that's why my brother swallowed his pride and knelt for me.

"If mommy and daddy find out they will scold me, understand? Why don't you just pick someone from your fans? Besides, it's for papers only right?" I also knelt to level him.

"We can't practice if I accept one of them, some of them will get jealous." RM pouted.

I didn't know if I should tell him what Lisa told me, that Jisoo left their band to join Lisa's band. I'm not taking anyone's side, especially I know my brother's trait.

"Why are you two kneeling?" We both stood up when we heard our mother spoke.

I didn't notice they're already here.

I kissed them in the cheeks and snatched the paper bags they were carrying.

"I bought you a dress for tomorrow's dinner." Mommy pointed the pink paper bag and motioned me to give the gray one to RM.

"Is it my birthday tomorrow?" My brother rubbed his chin and tilted his head in thought, causing Daddy to flick his forehead.

Mom and I laugh at them. RM knows how to lighten the mood in this house, though the atmosphere was always delightful and serene.

"My new business partner will have dinner here with his family, the Kim's I told you last time?" Dad said, and then looked at me.

Oh right, when he wanted me to stay away from Kai that time. He told me that he'll introduce me to someone. And I knew for sure that it was Taehyung. It's obvious.

"Dad, when will you introduce me to a proper girl?" RM pouted and blinked his eyes three times.

Dad laughed and lifted his shoulder in half-shrug. "Maybe if you become a proper guy."

"Boo!" I gave him thumbs down and hid behind Mom's back before RM could flick my forehead.

"Snap it off, let's eat. What's today's dish?" Mom asked.

My brother and I looked at each other and ran behind Daddy's back. Mom slapped her forehead and went to the kitchen.

"Help her, she's tired." Daddy prompted and we both nodded.

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

"You look wasted," Lisa said when she saw me sitting on the bench.

"I helped mom last night to do the chores," I said and closed my eyes.

"That's a miracle, they made their princess do the household chores." Lisa sat down beside me with hands over her chest. "By the way, did you tell your brother about Jisoo's decision?" she asked.

I shook my head. I couldn't tell him at all. He's having a hard time finding a new manager and I don't want him to worry about Jisoo and her new band.

"He's offering me to be their next manager, I want to accept it but if our parents found out they will scold me." I covered my face out of frustration.

Lisa caressed my back and whispered. "Unless someone will tell them, and it's just temporary, right? You can quit after the battle of the bands."

"You're a bad influence you know that?" I harshly said, but she just smiled at me and peace signed.

After our conversation on the bench, we decided to enter our classrooms since it's already time and Ms. Danvers wasn't our first period today. The principal asked her to facilitate the event next month and for sure she'll be one of the judges in the battle of the bands.

"Hey, Jennie Kim!" I looked at the person who shouted my name, and to my surprise, it was the popular Taehyung Kim from Douce Melodie. He has this dark aura in his eyes and the atmosphere became daunting when he treads heavily towards me.

"What do you want Taehyung Kim?" I deadpanned.

"What did you write in that folder?" he asked.

I narrowed my eyes at his question. What folder?

"Stop acting innocent, Ms. Danvers texted me last night saying that if I have a problem she's free to listen!" he yelled at me, causing me to look at the floor.

Everyone looked at us. No one dared to help me since they were afraid that Taehyung might be angry at them. He's powerful than I expected, which he can make students deaf and mute.

"I'm sorry..." I played my fingers out of nervousness. "I thought she'll give us a perfect score when she read it."

Taehyung slammed the wall beside me, making me startled. "Stop answering the questions you don't know."

I nodded as a response, and he immediately went back to his seat. I sat beside him without looking at him. The atmosphere was still daunting and I'm afraid, my heart was beating simultaneously and I couldn't control it even though I tried to calm down.

"What happened?" I heard one of our classmates asked his seatmate.

"She answered Taehyung's activity last time, and Ms. Danvers texted him because of that." Whispers that I could hear. Damn it.

"Taehyung Kim?" We both looked at the door to see Ms. Danvers calling him. He was about to stand up when Ms told him not to. "I just want to say that the message wasn't for you. Your answers are good, keep it up!" She smiled then leave the room.

My tears rolled down from my cheeks, and I covered my face immediately. I want to leave the room right now, and save my face from everyone.

Damn you, Taehyung Kim! Damn you for humiliating me like this.

"Jennie..." he held my arms, but I shoved his hands away.

"Stop," I said with a shallow voice. "To those who wanted to sit with him, feel free to exchange seats with me," I announced.

"This seat beside me is for Jennie Kim only, so don't bother." He looked at me with a blank expression. "I'm sorry, but you're stuck with me."