CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

JENNIE

After one day's rest, I'm finally okay and ready to go to school again. Ms. Danvers asked if I'm okay and gave her a thumbs-up sign that I'm okay now. Mr. Lee and Mr. Clinton were also nervous when they heard what happened and even praised Taehyung in front of me.

I'm thankful too that he found me.

"Sara, let's exchange seats again. Can we?" I asked my classmate.

"Sure, I hope you two were fine now." She gave me a wink and I just shook my head at her cuteness.

"Jennie!" Lisa cried and hugged me tight like a child when she saw me inside the room.

"I'm okay, don't overreact." I chuckled at her.

Lisa gave me an okay look and went outside since students were entering the classroom. Everyone sat in their proper seat and Taehyung sat beside me. I want to say sorry for everything, but today isn't a good time.

"I just want to congratulate Taehyung and Jennie again for winning the battle of the bands last time. And your tickets can be redeemed at the end of the school year since you can't travel while we're having classes." Ms. Danvers smiled and turned to the board.

"You're really fine now," Taehyung whispered without glancing at me.

"Yes, all thanks to you."

Taehyung just nodded and gave Ms. Danvers all his attention. I don't know if he's mad at me, or just avoiding me because of what happened.

When I was in the hospital and everyone was asleep, I started to realize that I didn't give Taehyung a chance to explain himself. I became the person I hate the most‒ the one who judged people quickly. Many questions came into my mind when I was alone. What if he didn't like what happened? What if he was powerless back then? What if he's hurting more than I do? I didn't consider his feelings and I just judged his character. I'm at fault this time.

"So now this time, I'll let the boys choose their partner and make a piano instrumental for the girls, and the girls will put lyrics into it. You can stand up, I don't mind." Ms. Danvers instructed and the class became noisy.

Taehyung was just sitting next to me, while the boys are busy finding their partner. I guess he's looking for his partner silently. Some boys tried to ask me but before they could open their mouths, they would heave a sigh and turned their back.

"Since when did Jennie Kim became your property?" Ms. Danvers took off the sign in front of my desk and turned to Taehyung, who's already pale right now.

I looked at the paper in Ms. Danvers's hand and it says, "Don't ask Taehyung's Property."

I don't know but it made me smile a little. He's shy to ask me that's why he pushed all the boys away who will try and if the time ends and we don't have a partner, he knows that Ms. Danvers will automatically put us together.

"Ask her properly," Ms. Danvers said and waited for Taehyung to make a move.

"Uh... C-Can you be my partner?" he stuttered. His face was all red and he badly wants to look away if Miss didn't jerk his head in my direction.

"Sure, no problem." I smiled and he nodded as a response.

As the activity started, everyone was busy doing the task. The boys are using their cellphones' piano app to make a musical rhythm while the girls are writing the lyrics.

"Are you done writing the lyrics?" Taehyung asked. He already finished the instrumental and he's just waiting for me to finish the lyrics.

"Yep, you wanna hear it?" I asked, and he nodded.

He played the instrumental and I swallowed hard before starting the song.

"Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, maybe I just let you walk by..." I could feel the stares of my classmates when they heard me sing.

"What can I say? Maybe I've known you all my life..." Taehyung looked at me, but I just focused on the lyrics written in my notebook.

"Is he the one, is it today? Well, I turned to corner see my future in a beautiful face..." I looked at Taehyung this time. "Maybe."

A round of applause filled the room when I finished the last part of the song. I didn't think that I sang that out loud for them to hear it. I just want Taehyung to hear my voice again so that he'll realize that I didn't change at all. It's still me, and I'm sorry.

"Ms. Danvers, I want to be partners with Jennie too, next time!" My guy classmate exclaimed, causing me to laugh a little.

Taehyung held my hand and smiled genuinely. Most girls' eyes widened at what they saw, the reason why I covered Taehyung's face using my notebook.

"What are you doing?" he asked with a confused voice.

"Your smile..." I removed the notebook from his face and looked on the floor. "...it's for my eyes only."

Taehyung chuckled then playfully messed my hair.

"Okay fine, it's for your eyes only."

My face heated when he covered the side of his face and smiled at me again, but this time he's showing his gummies.