CHAPTER FIVE

JENNIE

Morning sunlight peered through my window glass, waking me from my deep sleep. Yesterday was so embarrassing. I forgot my wallet in my dad's car so I didn't have money to pay for my lunch. Then there goes Lisa, who always makes fun of me. She told me that if Taehyung told me I'm pretty, she will pay for my lunch. And I don't have any other choice because I already ordered my food.

"Damn you Lalisa!" I yelled out of frustration when I remembered.

Guess I don't have a face to show him today, after what I've done yesterday.

"Let's eat my pretty little sister!" I rolled my eyes when I heard RM's voice outside of my room.

I opened the door and saw him standing there with a cheeky expression. I badly want to rip his mouth right now.

RM pulled me downstairs and made me sit beside him here in the dining area. Mom and Dad were already eating and they were laughing like an idiot, sorry for my word.

"Heard what you did yesterday," Dad said and laughed again.

I turned to RM, who's busy eating like he didn't do anything. Acting innocent huh?

"I told you, I forgot my wallet! And Lisa made me do it." I explained, and they just nodded but their faces were telling me that they didn't believe what I've said.

"Stop it hon," mom nudged my dad then turned to me. "You're embarrassing my pretty daughter." She even touched my cheek, and they all laughed again.

"Am I not pretty?" I asked them as I pouted my lips.

My daddy chuckled then shook his head. "I told you, you're gorgeous."

"Gross," my brother cut off.

"You're just jealous because you're not handsome." I stick out my tongue then ran to my dad's side.

"Hey stop that already, let's eat." Dad chuckled and made me sit beside him.

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

"Hey, my pretty friend. Heard the news?" Lisa asked as she stood with hands clasped behind her back.

"About what?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I heard there's a battle of the bands this upcoming month. I wonder if you could join our group, you know. We need one for the keyboard."

I was tempted by Lisa's offer, but I remembered what my father told me. I am not allowed to join any band or club here in MeN. Besides, I can graduate without one.

"It's fine if you can't, I know your dad. In case he changed his mind, let me know okay?" Lisa waved her hands and walked inside her classroom, so I did too.

The moment I entered the room, all eyes were on me. Those hot stares from girls and dirty stares from guys. Some were expressing admiration, but I found it awkward. Before I could sit, I heard a familiar voice calling my name.

"Hey Jennie, have you finished the task Ms. Danvers gave us?" Taehyung asked casually.

I looked at him with innocent eyes and he just raised her right eyebrow.

"Aren't you going to tease me as everyone did?" I asked him.

"Why would I tease if you're really pretty?" He inched forward again closing the distance between us. "Besides, you had enough and I don't lie."

"Sit down all of you, too early for kissing scene Taehyung and Jennie." I blushed at what Ms. Danvers said.

I hurriedly made my way to my seat and looked at the board without glancing at Taehyung beside me. He's making my heart skipped a beat again, damn it.

"By the way class, have you heard about the event next month? It's called the battle of the bands. Whoever wants to join, feel free to find me in the faculty and I'll register you right away," Ms. Danvers said then turned to the board and wrote something again using the black marker.

"Ms. Danvers, what are the prizes?" one of our classmates asked.

"Free trip to Jerusalem." Everyone laughed at her response. "What? I'm not kidding."

"Boring." I heard them murmured.

My face brightened up and wrote that in my mini notebook.

Jerusalem is my dream destination. I heard lots of stories about that place from my mom and dad. They even met there when they were in high school, fell in love at first sight and my dad brought my mom there just to confess. For others, Paris was the right place to find someone you love but for my parents, the holy land will be the best place to confess what you feel for someone.

"Why are you smiling?" Taehyung asked with knitted brows.

"Nothing, I just want to visit Jerusalem before I die." I smiled at him again.

"You're overreacting, I'm sure your parents will bring you there when you graduate high school."

"I hope so," I said then looked at the board to see what Ms. Danvers wrote.

"Please pass the homework I gave you yesterday."

I grabbed the folder under my table and pass it on to Taehyung and he looked at me with furrowed eyebrows again.

"What? You're always giving me that look, you know?"

"When did you finish this?" he asked.

"Yesterday, before I went home. Don't worry, it's just a piece of cake." I winked at him then stole the folder and passed it to Ms. Danvers.

After Ms. Danvers's period, a teacher came to instruct us about the incoming battle of the bands. He said that we must prepare a song that we want to dedicate to someone and tell the story behind it through a video presentation that will be played in the background while the band is singing. The band will also consist of four members and a manager, it isn't necessarily an all-boys or all-girls band.

As soon as the teacher left the room, I grabbed my white leather bag and stood up to meet Lisa. I will ask her if she found someone who will play the keyboard for their group. I guess my parents will understand if they found out the price. It's my dream, the only bullet on my bucket list.

"Let's eat together, Jennie." Taehyung grabbed my arms, making me stopped for a moment.

I looked at him with a poker face and he just shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Okay," I said.