𝐎𝐧𝐞

"Mommy, where is daddy? He did not come again?"

They family of Jeon Jungkook waited 10 minutes in front of the cinema for him, but he didn't come.

It was another Friday and it meant family day for them.
But just like the past few months, Jungkook again didn't show up.

It's been one year since his brother passed away, but his wife, Lisa, knows that it still hurts him whenever people around them mention him.

"It is okay baby. Let's watch the movie without your father, hm?"

It's been more than 56 fridays that they could have spend together as a family, but Jungkook only showed up three times.
And he always brought Damson, his nephew, with him.

The whole family didn't complain, because they all loved Damson and accepted him just like a family member.
He is a super smart boy. He knows how to behave and what to say.

But the old Jungkook is not the new Jungkook.
He is not the same person anymore.
The cheerful guy, thar always used to have a big smile on his face, is now rarely smiling. And it only happens whenever he is with his nephew.

"I don't want to watch the movie anymore mom, let's just go home"
It was obvious by the way he sounded that he is jealous of Damson.

Few days ago Gureum started school. At the first day, when he was happily trying to wake Jungkook up to go with him, Jungkook went with Damson to another school.

'He already has you'
That's what he told his wife before he left the broken and sad Gureum in her arms.

After they reached home, Gureum angrily closed the door of his room and Lily stayed beside her mother.

Lisa picked her up and hugged her tightly. Looking at her, it reminds her of Jungkook a few years ago when he was younger.

"Let's hope daddy comes home today, hm Lily?"

______________

A few hours passed and it was already 5 p.m., Lisa checked on Gureum and Lily one more time and both were still sleeping.

When she came back to the living room downstairs, she heard her phone ringing.
It was him.

"Jungkook?"

"I'm not coming home tonight, I'll stay with Damson"

That's it.
It's the only sentence he says since last year.

Lisa wasn't going to be aware of the small tear that rolled down her cheek, if the mini hand didn't wipe it away.
"Don't cry mommy, I'm here"

At that time, the only thing Lisa wished to be was being stronger. A strong mother and a strong wife. But she was not.

"Mommy can you cook for me? I'm hungry"
Both mother and son knew he wasn't hungry, he just wanted his broken mother to stop thinking about his father and cheer up.

"I'll cook some pasta, okay?"
With that they made their way towards the kitchen.
Lisa started cooking and Gureum was following her every step with his eyes.

How she wished he could spend some time with his father now that he's at an important age and growing really fast.

She wished Jungkook could treat both his son and his nephew the same way.

After thinking about all of this, she finished cooking the pasta and it was already 6 p.m..

Even though Jungkook didn't come home after work, Lisa always tried to call him to know if they ate or not.
She looked at the peacefully eating Gureum and quickly made her way back to the living room to find her phone on the couch.

Even after this whole year without him living with them, Lisa did everything because he was the father of her children and she couldn't let him alone knowing he only has his family and Dasom.

Ringing...

Ringing...

Ringing...

"What?"

After Lisa heard the first word he said was a boring 'what'?
She immediately cursed herself for still calling him. He doesn't deserve it.

He cleared his throat and spoke again. Some tones softer.
"I mean what do you want?"

"I just wanted to tell you that I cooked some pasta for Gureum. If you and Damson didn't eat yet-"

"we already ate, thank you"

One minute.
It's enough for them in one day.
One minute is enough for them to keep their marriage going without divorcing. Or they thought it was enough.

"Okay then, bye"
After he hummed, he hang up the call and the woman's eyes landed on her wedding ring, making her remember the wedding day.

Their wedding day.
Their wedding day was the second most beautiful day in her whole marriage till now.

The most beautiful days were when she gave birth to Gureum and Lily.
When Jungkook was by my side the whole time.

It broke her heart again after she remembered her marriage was falling apart.

She wished they could stay in the past, when they were still happy. When they were young and didn't know their lives would turn out like this. When she had the chances to be with her husband every second.

Oh how much she wanted that.

TBC...