Chapter Thirty

Disclaimer: None of these characters belong to me, plotlines, characters, places, events (etc.) all belong to J.K. Rowling, she is the rightful owner. When a character is created by me, you'll know right away ;)

--

7 May 1998

"Yeah, he's just getting his nappy changed, that's all. Nothing to worry about, Harry."

"Oh," he said stupidly. "Well, erm, Ginny I wanted to ask you something because, well... we've been together for a while..."

Oh shit, he's not going to propose, is he? Merlin, I hope not.

"Hang on just a moment, please." She extracted herself from the crack of the door and shut it rudely in his face. She shrieked, "Hermione! Hurry up!"

"I'm trying! I can't find my shirt!"

"So put on one of mine."

"No!"

Ginny shortly swung the door back open, wide enough to pop her head through. "Sorry about that. Hermione can't find his shirt. Oops." She chuckled half-heartedly.

"Yeah. Ginny, I just thought that since we're together, it's only right that I take you out on a proper date."

"Oh thank Merlin!" Ginny beamed with relief. "I thought you were going to propose. That would've been awkward seeing as I'm only a sixth-year student!"

"Propose? Ginny." He massaged the back of his neck nervously.

"I know, I'm sorry. My mind is running on malfunctioning gears and trying to substitute with wooden wheels. I'm not all 'there,' if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I was like that every day for the last seven years in every subject except for Defense Against the Dark Arts." She smiled, her cheeks brilliantly swelling with color to make up for the words of happiness she could not express. "So, will you go on a date with me?"

"Let me check my schedule... yep, cancel that... that can be postponed," she looked up as if seeing a written table of planned activities. "I don't have to do that... yep. I'm completely free for the next one hundred and sixteen days left of summer. Harry, I'd love to go on a date with you."

A blush bloomed into his cheeks profusely.

They were interrupted by an unusually loud wail from inside followed by a frantic shout of reassurance from Hermione, "Hang on! I'm coming! Ginny!"

"As I said, Harry now is not a great time." She slinked back into the room but before she could pivot, Harry snatched her hand and pressed open the door.

"Ginny, Archie bit me on the--" she stopped mid-sentence when she found herself face to face with a very concerned Harry Potter.

"Hermione! Where the hell is your top?!" he shouted, immediately clapping a hand over his eyes.

"Ginny! I thought you were the one--"

"--Hermione Jean Granger, what is happening?"

"--Sorry, 'Mione, I didn't think he'd come in."

"Hello?! Answers, please, someone?"

"Shh!" Ginny pointedly hissed. "Harry, stop shouting. Hermione, please grab any one of my shirts."

"It's all right," she grimaced, "I found mine."

Harry still had the upper half of his face buried in the crook of his arm. "Please let me know when you're decent."

Ginny leaned into her friend to whisper something in her ear. "I didn't say anything before but you're in fantastic shape for someone that's just had a baby."