Chapter Thirty-Six

Disclaimer: None of these characters belong to me, plotlines, characters, places, events (etc.) all belong to J.K. Rowling, she is the rightful owner. When a character is created by me, you'll know right away ;)

--

Continued...

Ginny had just finished her three-scoop delicacy of cilantro-lime and classic vanilla-flavored ice cream. Hermione, on the other hand, having only ordered two scoops of lavender orange sherbet, finished long before Ginny.

"That stuff is so good--hey Florean!"

"Yes, miss?"

"This is fantastic," she said, scraping the last of her bowl's contents and spooning them into her mouth.

"Why thank you!"

"So, 'Mione, what are our plans after this?"

"I'm not sure. Draco said he had some things to do before picking Archie up from his mother's, and since I'm not sure what that entails, it's difficult to gauge when he'll be back."

Ginny did a jig with her eyebrows, almost as if she knew what he was up to. "How 'bout we make a stop at the book store."

Hermione bit back a smile. "You know I'll go crazy. Don't you think we've already spent enough on clothes and ice cream? Draco will be so mad!"

"Who cares, it's Malfoy."

"Ahem. I too am a Malfoy."

"You get what I mean."

"Unfortunately, I do. Some habits die hard though, Ginny."

"Yeah." The two sat in comfortable silence for a brief moment before Ginny remembered her previous proposal. "So what do you say? Book store?"

Again, Hermione grinned widely. "I'm interested in seeing if they have any muggle classics for me to reread."

"C'mon, you know they do. Let's just go. Your first book is on me."

"Trust me, Ginny, you don't want to spend any money on me," she said bluntly.

"Well, then I guess that just means more pampering for me then, ay?" Ginny said, goading no response from her friend. "Let's go. I'd wager that if we get there quickly, you'll be able to crank out an entire book before Draco shows up, what do you say?"

"Alright. I'm in. You lead the way" she grumbled, finally conceding.

Ginny squealed and slung her clutch over her shoulder. Hermione thanked Florean and exited the parlour with the bell ringing just above her.

"I've been particularly interested in reading about your Hugo Victor-author-person."

"Victor Hugo?"

"Yeah, that's what I said."

"No it's not," Hermione said to the ground.

"Anyway, think you could direct me to his book about the creepy bell-ringer from France."

"Oh, you must be talking about 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame,' yes that's one of my favorites, actually. Before I decided on Archer, I almost considered naming him Hugo, after the author."

"Ew... you did a good job picking Archer. Hugo sounds like a crusty old, white man's name."

"In all fairness, that's exactly what Victor Hugo was like, however, his work was extraordinary. 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' is a touching story about a disfigured bell-ringer who finds love--but despite the story that unfolds, the goal of writing the book was meant to serve as propaganda to save the Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral from demolition and conserve gothic art."