Chapter Thirty-Five

Disclaimer: None of these characters belong to me, plotlines, characters, places, events (etc.) all belong to J.K. Rowling, she is the rightful owner. When a character is created by me, you'll know right away ;)

A/N: And this is it, you guys. After countless mental breakdowns, thirty-five chapters and one whole year, our story is finally coming to an end. And it took blood sweat and tears. It was always a dream of mine to share my work with others outside of my family, but I didn't realize that I'd made a family in sharing my story. Thanks for sticking with me on this LONGGGGG journey. I love you all and promise to keep you updated with new story ideas!

--

Two years later

16 September 2000

"How long do we have to stay with her again?" Draco groaned like a little child.

"Shh!" Hermione hissed, pushing the door and escorting her husband of a year and a half outside. "Are you daft? She'll hear you!"

"Okay, and?"

She huffed, irritated that after all this time, Draco and Ginny still acted like petulant children with one another, even worse than siblings. "And... it matters that much because Harry needs some time alone. You can probably relate."

"Me?" he scoffed. "Never, darling, I'll never ever need a break from you."

Oh, you will... just you wait, Mr. Malfoy. He tugged the hem of her blouse and drew her closer to him, but automatically, she was set to resist his charm. "Oh, kissing up to me now won't save you from participating in today's activities with Ginny."

"Aw, c'mon!" he groaned. "Why'd Potter have to drag us into it? I would be perfectly fine at home, I don't want to be dragged into any more of the Weasels' messes!"

She responded by jabbing her elbow into his chest. "You are part of a bigger family now--just what you wanted, isn't it?" she questioned. "Speaking of family, Draco, what time would your mother like us to pick up Archie."

"Erm, she did mention something about needing tea time available?"

"Damn, that's not a lot of time," she said. "We'll just have to snatch him before then. Give it a half an hour, how about?"

"That sounds good. I think she wants to meet up with her sister, you know, the one that's still living?" He sidled up to her with his hands clutching the small of her back.

Hermione feigned relief, snaking her hands up his arms and resting them on top of his shoulders, "Oh good, for a second there I thought I was going to have to make out a letter to St. Mungo's and complain that she's communicating with the dead, or is attempting to, at any rate."

"Ha ha, very funny."

He leaned in, about to kiss the woman he loved when the bell of the shop sounded and Ginny's head popped out.

"Hey, guys, you coming in or what?"

"Yeah, sorry," Draco scratched his head, jumping away from Hermione like a child caught with their hand in the biscuit jar. "We, er... just received a letter from the Ministry is all."

She cocked her brow, not believing him in the slightest. "What about?"

"Shacklebolt is, er... terribly fascinated by my wife's hair and looking into how she maintains it."

This time, Hermione didn't hold back and seriously checked him in the gut with her elbow, "Draco, I'm serious, stop it!"

But Ginny found it entertaining. "You realize the man's as bald as an egg, right?"