Jump Start

Jack Kline was still a novice to the ways of the world. There were things he didn't understand and so much he still had to learn. But the one thing he knew... Family came first.

Sam, Dean, Castiel, and Mary have shown him what family was, what it meant to be a part of one. He knew unconditional love from his mother and what he felt for the Winchesters was very close to it. So, when he heard that Lucifer, his father, had Ben he became enraged.

Jack and Ben may have gotten off on the wrong foot. Sure, they didn't get along too well just yet and Ben has made a few jokes on Jack's behalf. But... isn't that what brothers do? Jack has seen Dean roast Sam on many occasions. The little brother's always get picked on. However, it always comes from a place of love.

He wasn't entirely positive, but he was sure that if push came to shove Ben would put his life on the line for Jack. Just like Dean would Sam. Hell, he already was. Ben could have told Lucifer that Jack was already back in this dimension. He could have suggested a trade of son for son. But he didn't.

Ben kept his whereabouts hidden from Lucifer. He protected his little brother. Now it was Jack's turn to protect Ben.

The plan was for Krissy to take Rowena in and make the trade. Then Sam, Castiel, and Dean would corner Lucifer and distract him. Jack would make his way in and have a confrontation with his father.

Father in biology only. Jack has learned of Lucifer's transgressions and wants no part in them. He already had three very capable, strong, and heroic men to look up to. Meaning Jack had no qualms about killing Lucifer. He was positive the world would be a better place without the man.

The problem was they weren't expecting the place to be surrounded by demons. It wasn't really Lucifer's style to have so much back-up. Once Krissy and Rowena passed through the doorway, they swarmed the entrance effectively blocking it from anyone entering or exiting.

The fight was almost instant Sam took the left while Castiel took the right. Dean and Jack took the center heading for the door. Each bobbed and weaved their way through the demons. Dean was slicing away with his special demon blade while Jack put an Angel blade to good use.

Jack made it to the door first. He turned to look at the others, they were still deep in battle.

"Go!" yelled out Dean.

He nodded his head and swung open the door. Krissy's blood-curdling scream stopped everyone in their tracks. That couldn't be good. Jack rushed through the door and into the warehouse. He found them in the middle of the large room, just a few low lights lighting the area.

Jack began to shake when he saw Ben laying on the floor, blood bubbling out of his side. Krissy let go of Rowena and rushed to his side. She pulled off her jacket and pressed it against his wound and Ben jolted from the pain.

Lucifer snatched Rowena to his side then turned to make his way to the door stopping instantly when he spotted Jack.

"Ben!" came Dean's angry yell from behind Jack as he rushed into the room and to his son's side.

Finally, Jack looked up at Lucifer. The older man's face was one of shock and happiness. Jack scowled at him.

"You're here!" Lucifer said happily. "Oh, this changes everything!" Lucifer looked at Rowena and smiled, "Looks like I won't be needing you, Red."

Lucifer reached up and twisted Rowena's head quickly effectively snapping her neck. The witch crumbled to the ground at his feet and he stepped over her body to approach Jack.

"I'm so happy to see you," Lucifer said. "I'm probably confusing you. You see I'm your..."

"I know who you are," snapped Jack.

"Well, that's very rude," Lucifer said and flinched at Jack's tone.

"You've hurt my friends," said Jack.

"Oh who? her?" Lucifer asks pointing down to Rowena's body. "I'm sure she'll be fine. I've killed her before, and she bounced back just fine."

Dean's yell for Castiel interrupted their confrontation.

"Him?" Lucifer pointed to Ben and shrugged. "Eh, I'm sure the angel will fix him right up."

Jack's anger grew at Lucifer's laid-back attitude. This was exactly like the stories he had been told. Lucifer had no compassion for others and their lives. The people he has harmed have families and purposes.

"So, Jack," Lucifer began. "What do you say we head out for some father-son bonding."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," Jack answered. He clenched his fists in anger.

"Oh, come on!" Lucifer yelled his eyes glowing a dark red. "You're really going to pick these mere mortals over me. Your FATHER. I gave life to you!"

"No," Jack growled. "My mother gave life to me. These people have taken care of me, loved me, shaped me into who I am, and am guiding me to live a life I can be proud of."

Lucifer rolled his eyes and snarled, "Are you done? The lovey-dovey is just a little yuck. I guess I'm just going to have to scrap you and start over. Maybe my next son will be less weak."

Jack watched as Lucifer held up a hand and his eyes glowed, but nothing happened. He tried it again and still nothing.

"Why isn't it working?!" snapped Lucifer.

"Because I'm stronger than you," Jack answered. He held up his own hand and released his magic at Lucifer. Jack's eyes glowed a magnificent gold as his power pressed his father against the wall. Lucifer struggled against the power Jack was omitting.

The Archangel blade slipped into Jack's hand from up his sleeve. He watched as Lucifer's eyes widened at the sight of the golden weapon. Jack raised the blade and plunged it into Lucifer's heart. The power in Lucifer flickered before the light in his eyes went out. He went limp against the wall.

Jack let Lucifer's body drop to the ground. He took a moment to look at him. The guilt of killing his father was small but the hate for the man outweighed it.

"Dammit, Ben! Stay with me! Cas, where the hell are you!?" yelled Dean from behind Jack.

Jack turned quickly and rushed to Ben's side. He dropped down next to a distraught Krissy who was pleading with Ben to wake up. Ben was pale and his breath was shallow.

"Let me try to heal him," Jack said quickly.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Krissy asked.

"Does it matter? We don't have much time," Jack said. "Now move and let me save him."

Krissy bit her bottom lip in worry then nodded her head. She moved back and let Jack have access to Ben's wound. He placed his hand over the area and closed his eyes in concentration.

He had healed Mary's small scrapes in the other dimension. How much different was that from this?