Reverse

Darkness engulfed the interior of the '67 Chevrolet Impala, a small gasp for air and a light sniffle came from the driver that gripped the steering wheel with white knuckles.

Dean raised his head from its downward position, the tear he had been holding in treacherously escaped down his cheek.

"DAMN IT!" he screamed into the darkness while pulling on the steering wheel. His fists hit the round instrument a few times and a pain filled scream exited his throat.

Dean fell sideways across the bench seat, a little more broken than the last time he had laid here. He rolled on his back and fisted his hair with both hands. He closed his eyes and let himself fall into the memories he was trying to avoid.

April 11th, 1998

Dean smirked at the group of girls that walked past the front in of his car clad only in Bikini's "I love spring break," he said to himself. Once the light turned Green he slowly stepped on the gas keeping an eye out for his hotel. For the first time ever he made an actual reservation, rooms fill up quick this time of year and he needed a getaway.

It took a full forty-five minutes to get checked in "Don't people speak English anymore?" he huffed as he stomped out of the office.

"Sí, ella sabía que eras un gringo crédulo."

Dean stopped in his tracks, the sentence sounded exotic coming from the brunette leaning against a pillar not far from the entrance. The giggle afterward was the cherry on top.

"I'm sorry but I don't..."

"I know," she giggled again. "It's okay though, I only said it's because she knew you were gullible."

"But I'm not," he started stopping when she shook her head lightly.

"Did you just get in?" He nodded "and did she tell you there weren't any more basic rooms?"

"Yeah, how did you..." He looked at her then back at the door and motioned between the two. "Were you in there and I missed you or something?"

"No, she does that will all the long timers," the girl explained. "Gonna be here long?"

"Yeah, I'm here for the summer."

"Little early for that don't ya think?"

"How did you know about the up-charge?" Dean asked changing the subject.

"She's my aunt," She began. "I come down a few times a year to enjoy the sun, in exchange for free room and board I help out around here."

"So what you're saying is I'll be seeing you around," Dean said with a smirk.

She looked him up and down as she pushed herself off the pillar "maybe."

"Do I at least get a name?" He asked as she passed by, smelling like coconut oil and bananas.

She reached for the office door and pulled it open, her hair whipped around as she turned to look at him over her shoulder "Lisa" she said then let the door close behind her.

Dean bit his bottom lip to hide his smile slapped his check-in paperwork against his hand a few times then rounded his car. If ever there was a sign that said this was the smartest decision he ever made, that was it.

April 14th, 1998

The poppy tempo the DJ of the small outdoor bar was playing made Dean cringe he tapped down in front of him signaling for another beer. Thank goodness for fake i.d.'s otherwise he would have to endure the crap music sober. He turned on the stool to observe the crowd, they were pretty packed for a Tuesday night. Then again it was two for one tequila shots for the next hour. He stopped at four then switched to beer, safe to say he was feeling pretty good right now.