GUILT

"JEREMY! There you are! Are you ok" Bailey asked.
I said nothing. I sat in a chair far away from her and put my crutches down.
"Jeremy?" She asked me.
I said nothing as I put my broken foot on the coffee table in the waiting room.
I looked around, it was just me and her in the emergency room waiting room. I mean it was a really small town so not many people had to go to the ER.
"Jeremy? Y-you ok" she asked.
I put my head in my hands.
"What if Mike dies" I said.
"He won't Jeremy it's going to be ok" Bailey told me.
"But what if he dose? It all would be my fault" I said.
"N-no J-Jeremy none of this is your fault" she told me.
"Y-yes it w-would. I-I got him d-dragged i-into this m-mess and I-I m-might g-get h-him killed" I said with tears in my eyes.
She came and sat next to me.
"He came in there to protect you, h-he didn't have to, he wanted to, which was his choice" she told me trying to make me feel better.
"And he wouldn't have chosen to do that if I hadn't gotten that STUPID JOB" I said angry with my self.
I started to cry.
"J-Jeremy it's going to be alright. h-he would have risked his life to save you from anything, even if he was going to get killed" she replied.
"H-he wouldn't let m-me h-help h-him now he's going to D-die. I-I could have forced him t-to l-let me help him but NO, I LET HIM RISK HIS LIFE FOR ME, I-I COULD H-HAVE H-H-HELP H-H-HIM" I shouted, angry at myself and in tears.
"J-Jeremy I promise it's going to be o-
I cut her off. The I stood up
"NO IT MIGHT GET BETTER FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU WONT HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE GUILT OF LETING HI-
She cut me off. Then she stood up and grabbed me close and hugged me.
"It's going to be ok" she told me.
I stood there in her arms for a minute. I didn't want to but, I stood their and cried. I felt guilty, I just couldn't help but feel guilty.
"It's ok Jeremy it's ok"she told me again.
Her voice was soothing. Me and her stood there for a little bit.
"You better now, Jeremy" she asked.
"Yeah I guess" I said wiping the tears from my eyes.
"Ok Jeremy, just remember, you did nothing to him to. none of this is your fault. Don't feel guilty" she told me.
"o-ok Bailey" I said.
"I'm going to go into the hallway so I can call my Macy" Bailey said.
"O-ok i-I'm going t-to t-take a nap, Bailey just promise you will be back soon" I told her.
"I-I will Jeremy" she said.
She walked out and I could hear her start talking. Then I drifted off to sleep.