⚜ Chapter Two - Emotions ⚜

The assailant remained steadfast, never letting up the shimmer from his attack. He'd intended to hit the Saiyan, not really taking into account his surprise attack failing. It seemed impossible. But here he was, being stopped by the one person he intended to strike down for good. The same person that plagued his mind from the past encounter. It was like a disease, corrupting his mind and shattering his focus. To put it simply, the feelings brought forth were unsettling and uncategorized. They were in short; unneeded.

"Less than a month and you've already forgotten a face you dared challenge! Truly pathetic, Goku of Earth." The words while holding a thick venom, were simply brushed off by the Saiyan. Goku simply didn't have the patience or concern to listen intently. His mood had barely become better and the new face deciding to strike him turned it foul.

"Look, I don't remember you. Maybe a name might jog my memory!" The green assailant scoffed, attempting to tear his arm free. Unfortunately, Goku knew better. Letting go would allow another attack. So he held firm, keeping an overpowering grip. It startled the other, who seemed to become a bit more desperate.

"Let me go and a name I shall give." Goku pondered it, sighing as he released his hold. The other studied their wrist, scowling further. The Saiyan was impressed that the others' frown could deepen more. "Now then. Do you happen to remember the challenge you brought forth during your visit to Universe 10? When you had the audacity to issue a Kai a challenge of battle?"

"Truthfully, I've not remembered names well. Your face, while familiar; does not seem to pull my memories to reality." The assailant sighed, pushing a thick strand of white hair from his face.

"The name is Zamasu, human!" Goku flattened his expression, raising an eyebrow. "You seem rather different today... Less annoyingly cheerful."

"Blame that for reasons I won't disclose. No offense, Zamasu; but I don't really want to talk to anyone. Just want time alone." There was a lingering silence before Zamasu seemed to grow curious. He widened his eyes slightly, raising his tone as he spoke sternly. If there was one thing Goku could peel from the conversation; it was the others' arrogance. Zamasu simply seemed like the type with a questionable character at times.

"Tell me Goku, what is bothering you? I remember a cheerful look, but you seem more dead today."

"I already said I did not wish to talk about it. Why not leave?" Zamasu pursed his lips, smirking.

"I've unfinished business. Simple as that." Goku was willing to ignore it, simply walk away. But what he figured, happened. Seeing Zamasu attempt another attack led to his choices. He quickly and effortlessly stopped the hand, pulling Zamasu over his shoulder. That slender frame hit the ground, the Saiyan's body shifting as he sat above. His hands pressed those green slender wrists to the grass as Goku met the other's gaze. If there was one thing Zamasu understood by that cold stare, it was when a battle was his loss.

"I will say this again. Give up and leave me alone! Why are you so insistent on attacking me anyway?" The other fell silent, gaze shifting past Goku's head. He stared at the clouds, watching them roll past as he steadied his sudden quaking heart. This feeling was his issue. A sort of sting that irked him, raised his agitation and clouded his once seemingly perfect thoughts. It had only begun to occur after the fight. The first time Zamasu genuinely enjoyed something, as much as he would never admit that fact.

"Goku? Where the hell did you go?" The new voice broke Zamasu from his thoughts, the slight rustle and crunching of dried leaves and twigs filling the space. He'd have simply considered the new presence a friend of the male above if not for the cold stare that compared to the coldest of winters. In that very moment, there was a glimmer of something primal in Goku's eyes. A heavy bloodlust and hatred that practically suffocated Zamasu below. Goku was too lost in his own rising rage to notice the tremble that etched the figure below. That green skin seemed to lighten quickly from the sudden urge to cease to breath the thick air that threatened to choke Zamasu. He only prayed that those eyes never fell to him. Met his own. A single breath seemed a major risk and Zamasu cherished his own life. He knew danger when it stared back at him. "Thank god. Goku, why haven't you returned yet?"