⚜ Chapter Seven - Vigor ⚜

A gentle breeze rolled through the area as black hair shifted slightly. Hands remained pressed lightly to his knees as those dark orbs slowly began to open, tensing to the bright light. Every joint refused to work properly in that moment before he pressed on, moving his fingers slowly to awaken them. Goku had been silent for some time, his throat clearing itself as he took in a large breath. It filled his lungs before it came out warm, passed onward into the breeze itself. Shifting his shoulders about, he straightened his back before making subtle movements to climb to his feet. Arms hung to his side as his soles pressed deep into the grass, feeling the soft touch. Beyond black pants, he wore nothing major. His body had taken in a bit of the light, leaving his tone a tad darker. It darkened his other features, not that he was opposed. He'd grown to cherish darker tones over time. Blinking slowly, he steadied his breathing before glancing to the pile he'd left beside him. Fingers gripped the greyish top as he pulled it on, tying a red sash around his waist. Tracing his hands through his heated hair, he adjusted it a bit before noticing the faint laughter. The way the other voice dipped and radiated joy. It was a voice he knew well. Bringing his gaze about, he stopped on the face that resembled his to exact proportions. He brought his arms outward in time to catch the frame that leapt in his direction, hands pulling the small body close as giggling rose in the silence that once was present.

"They said your training should be done by now! Is it?" Goku smiled lightly, ruffling Goten's head of hair before nodding. The Saiyan took a moment to glance around before his son seemed to understand. "Zamasu and Gowasu had something to attend to. They should be back in no time."

"I see. How have you behaved for the past few days?" Goten grinned, but his expression said it all. The Saiyan sighed, lowering his cub before he noticed the faint steps approaching from behind. Feigning ignorance, he remained put as an arm slid around his, drawing his chocolate gaze. They collided with mint green eyes that brought a fresh feeling to Goku. Fingers wrapped around his own firm ones as a tender voice reached his ears, sending a soothing wave along Goku's sturdy frame.

"Goten has been well behaved, but also a real trickster. Even so, he has been scolded and reprimanded for his actions. How was your training?" The Saiyan smiled once more, turning a bit to face the other. Goten peered between them before sticking out his tongue, his laughter erupting at his own words.

"Get a room..." Zamasu opened his mouth before shaking his head, a short sigh leaving the Kai. Both remained in the silence before Goku brushed over Goten's hair, shooing him off for a moment. Taking the hint, his cub took off toward where Gowasu would be present. It left Goku and the Kai alone, letting their focus ultimately remain trained on the other. In the month of training and growing accustomed to his new life, he'd also found his heart's desires. The Kai had brought him to life, pulling him into the light that made him feel so warm.

"Do you believe you can master it this time?" Goku shrugged, pulling Zamasu's hand close as he grazed his lips along the smooth skin. It made the Kai grow warm ever so slightly as he grew a darker color of green along his cheeks.

"We will have to see. Three days of meditation has made me feel as if I've slept for years. Did you miss me, Zamasu?" He moved slightly closer, releasing the hand as he brushed his free fingers along that snow white hair. The distance between was so little, yet still felt infinite. It was never an issue to either, truthfully.

"Such a foolish question. Of course I would miss you, but three days is nothing compared to a lifetime. I'd rather sacrifice three days than forever."

"So you desire a forever with this Saiyan before you?" The tone was low, sending a chill along Zamasu. He found the fortitude to nod, leaving Goku to grin. A low hum rumbled from his throat as it filled the space, his hand shifting as it pressed delicately to the other's chin. He tipped the Kai's head a bit low, rolling his lips along the other's forehead. It was soft and gentle, leaving the space to glow with adoration. As Goku pulled back, he took in another breath as he allowed his hands to intertwine with Zamasu's once more, giving a subtle squeeze. "I will say, forever has never sounded more appealing to my ears. It is something we may talk more about later on. For now, let's head on toward Master Gowasu. I'd like to show my progress to you all."