⚜ Chapter Six - Fallout ⚜

At some point Goku had been whisked off to a room setup for him. The bed's comfort left him drifting from reality and a dream. His eyes burned from the constant tears that left trials along his tanned skin. Even so, he felt a hint of relief. It had been so long since he opened those gates. Let his own emotions rise and fall, become present and allow them to loom and cascade his features. How it felt nice to know his sorrows had left him through every tear that rolled along his cheeks. He'd been laying down for a time, not entirely sure how long; only that he'd welcomed the warmth. The atmosphere was delicate, peaceful. It left his heart soothed and calm, something that seemed nearly impossible. Yet here he was, not another tear to shed. A short smile pressed to the edges of his lips, but it held no real purpose. Truth was, he didn't understand where the shred of joy flourished from. At least not at first. But remembering the recent events, it wasn't hard to locate. In all his life, no one openly accepted him for who he was by blood. They never truly comforted him when he felt down, not that they knew. He wore a mask like gold, showing it wherever he could. But earlier had been his weakest point. The mask melted away, burning him as his emotions raged outward. If not for Zamasu, he wasn't sure what state he would be in. His memory was a mess, but he distinctly remembered the gentle hold. The way the Kai supported him unlike anyone he'd lived countless years with. That single moment proved a point as clear as day. No one on Earth truly cared. They saw Goku like a tool and nothing more; and that truth hurt. It hurt deep and cut him open, letting him bleed out alone. At least until his current moment. Truth was, he couldn't find the heart to care anymore. He'd abandoned Earth, setting himself free. He simply hoped things would become better. That life would finally offer him even a small sliver of peace and serenity.

Rolling along the mattress, he heard the sounds of voices beyond the door. They moved slowly, as if careful to not disturb Goku. He'd have simply continued to trail off if not for the voice of his own little cub. His little Goten that brought his emotions like a wave that engulfed everything. He'd never been as mad before, but they had harmed his family. His child who he treasured more than life itself. That had been the main factor that led to him snapping. He was simply glad he'd not harmed someone in his fits of anger. It was a possibility and from the expressions at Bulma's, he wasn't sure anyone would have stopped him should he aim for Chi-Chi's life. Luckily it never got to that point. He was indeed fortunate, if only slightly. Leaving his own mind, he noticed the soft knocking before grunting. The noise alerted the others as the door was opened, Goku sitting up as he peered at familiar green hued skin. Zamasu gave a brief smile before the Saiyan noticed the body that raced toward him. Goten had leapt onto the bed, colliding with Goku's frame as the Saiyan pulled his cub close. Held him so firmly and showed his protection.

"Dad!" The wails filled the room as Goku nuzzled into Goten's head, giving a soft hum to soothe him. It took a moment before the cries softened and soon fell silent, the Saiyan running his fingers through his cubs hair as he glanced at the Kai still present in the room.

"Thank you, for everything. I owe you a lot." Zamasu waved it off, stepping further into the room. He perched on the edge of the bed, noticing Goten shift as the child spun around. He sat in Goku's embrace, snuggled against his father's chest as he smiled up toward the Kai.

"I did what was right. I'm not sure what happened, but you'll tell when ready. We checked over Goten. It was just the tail that was harmed, nothing more." Goku nodded, taking in a long breath before he played with Goten's hair, aiding in his cubs sleep. Those eyes fluttered softly, before ultimately closing, short and gentle snores present, not that either of the adults minded.

"His tail will grow back, it will just take time. I mean it, Zamasu. Thank you. You gave me support when no one else would." The Kai remained silent, keeping a smile. Goku had to admit, the expression suited the other well. Showed more of his features. "I've spent my life hiding who I was and earlier was the first moment I truly let my emotions run rampant. I needed the shoulder to lean on, even if it bothered you."