⚜ Chapter Nine - Regrets ⚜

An entire month. That was how long Vegeta trained. Prepared himself for the possibility of seeing an old face again. To offer his own apology once more for everything. He'd never planned for such changes. To not only lose a rival, but a friend. The prior visit had assured him of the definite outcome. Goku was partaking in the tournament, putting him as the enemy of Universe 7. While it made sense, it still affected the other Saiyan. To have to openly fight Goku as an opposing force. Vegeta never held back to begin with, but it didn't mean he cherished the idea of jousting at a higher level. This tournament cost the whole Universe's existence, so there was a heavy price. The Saiyan was not stupid. He understood the meaning of it all. He'd have to fight Goku and while he held a forced confidence, he was beginning to waver. The other had most likely trained just as him, leaving the question. How far had the other surpassed Vegeta?

It had always been that way. Goku always broke his limits and reached higher. Strived further and achieved more. He always broke past Vegeta's initial strength, raising the other to reach further. When Goku had vanished, it hindered the other. It slowed the growth and made Vegeta fall prey to his mind. He may show confidence and a largely thick ego, but internally he was in shambles. He was struggling to keep his footing and the weight of the tournament did him little of a favor. It only made his steps heavier and his breaths less drawn out. But that was simply as it was. There was no changing their current situations. Goku had abandoned those who had forsaken him, just as Vegeta had in the end. Both had once been willing to offer a hand to save the universe, but neither truly held the desire. Afterall; Vegeta had willingly offered to become the next destroyer. His resolve was strong on that front. As for Goku, Vegeta didn't know much beyond his disappearance. He didn't know what the other was doing. How well their health was. Only that Goku had let go of his Demons. He'd cleared his mind of the hatred he'd once harnessed.

Resting outside his old home, he peered to Lord Beerus. The destroyer was in terms; eyeing the remaining fighters. It was nothing peaceful, but more of a threatening gesture. Once Goku had left, Beerus and Whis paid visits for food, that was it. They no longer answered Bulma's calls. No longer offered a hand. In the end, they cut themselves off from the Earthlings that cost them greatly. While Vegeta was training under Beerus, the Saiyan understood a key point. He was not the first choice. Not for a single moment. It hurt at first, knowing Goku was the top pick, but it made sense. The other Saiyan was formidable. With Goku long gone, it left few options and Vegeta happened to desire the position. He had a vengeance he'd one day claim.

"Do you happen to know when the tournament is going to begin?" Vegeta's words drew Beerus' gaze as the destroyer shrugged.

"When we no longer are standing where we are, that will be the signal that all is to begin. Are you prepared?" The Saiyan nodded, knowing the meaning behind the words. Beyond Beerus, Whis, and Vegeta; no one knew Goku's location or even the concept he was alive. Most laid claim to the idea he'd passed on, only angering Vegeta further. To put things lightly, he was excited for Goku's reveal. To place those of Earth where they belong.

"I'm as prepared as I can be, Lord Beerus. This tournament will no doubt be troublesome." Beerus nodded, glancing toward his angel. Whis took a moment before offering a smile, a slight glow appearing. It made Vegeta focus more as their location shifted. One moment they had been on Earth, just beyond Capsule Corps. The next they were on a large platform, stuck close to the other fighters of their universe. Vegeta took a few paces away, glancing to the floating stands where other Destroyers and Angels sat. At first he caught sight of Beerus before his gaze locked onto a familiar appearance seated toward the ends of the stands. That hair was unmistakable. A small smile rose to Vegeta's expression as he viewed the arena. He was aware that finding Goku was pointless, but it didn't mean he wouldn't try. In the end, there was nothing. No Ki signature as well as no appearance that was a one of a kind look. Sighing softly, the Saiyan noticed footsteps approach him as a voice overhead spoke up. Peering to the annoyance, the Prince scowled toward the shorter male.