⚜ Chapter Eleven - Disheartened ⚜

The dust had finally settled completely as Goku peered to the new face, the sight bringing a gleeful grin to his features. He'd been able to bring out all three of his potential targets, leaving him feeling rather confident. All it had taken was a single blast his comrades were unable to block to bring Jiren into the limelight. The new face seemed to judge the Saiyan, a slight frown becoming more prominent. As for Top, he was quick to aid Dyspo. The three remained placed, along with Goku, who was simply scoping out the level he'd need. Top and Dyspo were simple. They were easy. But Jiren was a bit of a higher level.

"I appreciate the help, Jiren. I was taken off guard by his return of an attack..." Jiren glanced at his glove, where it still smoldered. Raising his tone, he met Goku's gaze, locking eyes.

"You realize that attack could have killed them, thus eliminating you?"

"Of course. It was a ploy, to draw you out. I stated before, I had three targets. You're the third." Top seemed the most offended still about the whole targeting Goku did, but the Saiyan couldn't care less. He had a universe to protect.

"You've got some nerve, to seem so confident. That attack was pathetic." Jiren's words made Goku sigh, who leaned on the rock behind him.

"Says something about your teammates. It started as his, only brought to a higher level by my hands. Doesn't that mean your ally is the weak one?" Top took a step forward, his anger seeming to spark. For an honorable individual, he was terrible at control. It made the Saiyan chuckle. It also gave him an idea. "Still, that attack truly was pathetic. Pointless even. To think he'd be nearly killed by his own attack!"

"Why you-" Top once more stepped forward, being edged on by the Saiyan. Of course, he wasn't quite there yet. Unfortunately Dyspo was quick to catch onto Goku. He attempted to ease Top, leaving the Saiyan to focus on Dyspo.

"Looks like the rabbit can speak. Least that's one useful thing. Can't you see Dyspo, you're dead weight." At this point, both were fuming. Which didn't aid Jiren any. He glanced behind to see the two lunge forward, leaving him to grasp the situation. He sought to reach out, but fell short as Goku shot forward. His hands grabbed both by their head, tearing them across the field with such velocity. He shattered every rock in the way, letting more dust rise up before he launched them into the flooring, hearing the material break and shift under the pressure. A light glimmered in his hold, words oozing from his mouth in a cold tone that froze the two struggling to regain their composure and balance. "Kame-Hame-Ha!"

The blue light shot forward, expanding wider as Top shoved Dyspo from the beam. Unfortunately, the impact sent Top to the stage floor as it tore through the material. Within seconds it came to an end, revealing the hole that sat largely stretched, Top nowhere in sight. Least not until voices came from the stands, the familiar appearance hitting the stone seats, unconscious and in terrible conditions. Yet still alive. Dyspo had shown his rising irritation, but fell back. Or attempted to. He moved rapidly, seeking to find Jiren once more. Unfortunately, Goku anticipated this. He remained in base form, dropping himself before the other with quick succession as he raised his hand, Dyspo barely stopping in time. Attempting to move, he found it impossible as something shimmered before his eyes, a wicked grin showing over Goku as he let the blast go. That force broke the currents in the arena, sending a large explosion that engulfed the area. As for Dyspo, he was sent bounding along the floor, tossed like a ragdoll. He only came to a stop when hands caught him, the impact sending the aid a few paces back. A large burn was present on Dyspo's chest, searing and noticeable to each who viewed the fight. As for Goku, he remained where he'd stood before, letting the explosion settle as he peered at Jiren, who was openly enraged.

"To be so cruel!?" Goku couldn't help but scoff at the words.

"To be cruel is the boundaries of such a tournament. You speak of honor. Of mercy. On this stage, none of that matters. I promised to win, so I'll not risk a slip up." Goku narrowed his gaze, taking a few steps closer. Unfortunately, he'd not noticed the surrounding energy signals. It was instant when they all collided beside him, expanding as the Saiyan was pressed between the five blasts. He could feel the burn on his skin. The way the heat chewed at his muscles and made them tense rapidly. It made him growl slightly, his gaze sharpening further the moment he felt his tail become singed. In that moment, his rage was brought high, shattering his once calm appeal. His rage was palpable, his hands pressing outward as he located the energy signals. In succession he released a rapid attack, explosions illuminating the arena as screams echoed, along with the announcer giving way to those who'd been eliminated.