⚜ Chapter Three - Change ⚜

Goku had remained beyond his home, simply seeking refuge elsewhere. After his encounter with Zamasu, he was caught in a multitude of questions. He'd wondered when last he'd enjoyed company. Truthfully, beyond Vegeta, Goku never appreciated anyone else. They lingered around him solely for his strengths. Solely because he saved the planet and proved his own dominance, even if it was suppressed beyond the battle of fists. It only proved to him that the people around him truly sought a pawn. He felt like a piece on a chess board, used to take out all who threatened the planet. A savior who truly didn't desire to be placed in the limelight. The company of Zamasu, though short, offered such an ease to the Saiyan. Lightened the weight that ultimately was beginning to crush him. Carrying a world on his shoulders was endless and offered nothing beyond a simple gratification. In those few hours, Zamasu had given more consideration to him than his supposed 'friends'. Those he'd grown up with. That truth alone hurt him deeply.

He'd not honestly paid much mind to the time. Even as the sun sunk in the horizon, he continued his walk onwards. No real destination, just simply exercise to settle his own thoughts. It was strange for him. To have someone who sought to harm him at a time become a sturdy foundation. To give reassurance and offer aid to his crumbling heart. It was as if in a few hours, Zamasu had mended the cracks. Sewed them together and gave a slight guidance to him. Opened his eyes to the truth around him. That some friends were nothing more than a fake. But it also made Goku ponder how many were truly his devoted allies. His friends that he'd willingly label family. Beyond his two children and Vegeta, Goku couldn't honestly claim they were as such.

Krillin had been around for years. They'd known each other and just as the rest, he too once had hated Goku. A friendship had formed, but in all the years Goku never once saw the friendship flourish. It was one sided. Goku offered and aided, while receiving nothing beyond a simple 'thanks'. It was a truth he'd choked down for years. But with all the time of suppressing his own doubts and his own sheltered truths, it was beginning to become potent. It brought his stomach into a wave of regret, to finally understand all those around him that he did call his 'friends'. To diagnose the truth as a lie. This was no fairytale and with it, his friends had lost claim to such a title. They never offered a hand toward him and even caused his need to shelter his true self. He was a Saiyan and with it came a primal instinct. Judging from Chi-Chi's past reaction, it was painfully clear to Goku how the rest would take in that ungodly truth.

Of course, Krillin was not the biggest problem in his life at the moment. His wife was top on his list. She was like a flea, annoying to get rid of and always leaching from him. It only ever made his mood darken. She spoke bitterly to anyone who dared oppose her. Which brought the Saiyan back to earlier conversations. She'd insulted Zamasu and made such a bold claim. It made Goku ponder why he didn't deny such accusations. Part of him knew trouble would follow from her allegations, yet he almost felt a joy in letting her believe such trivial truths. To remain brazen and let her choke on such lies. Not that Zamasu hadn't already accomplished such feats. His words ripped the ground from under her. It was a first for Goku, to witness someone throw her bitterness back in extra. It was honestly when Goku came upon the idea to get to know Zamasu a bit. The other seemed intriguing and much to Goku's terrible memory, he did recognize and recollect on those memories of the fight. An even fight with Goku's guise. But once that façade faded, he knew that the other had become aware of the Saiyan's choices to hold back. After all, Goku was not there to injure the other. He simply wanted to ease his curiosities. While the fight was no battle like with Vegeta, it was still one he couldn't help but remember. Every movement after all had been well deduced and careful. Far too precise and with even a slight slipup, would have cost Goku a limb should it have been a real fight.

Lost in his own thoughts, he hadn't heard his phone until the last ring. He fished it out of his pocket, quickly checking the ID. He wasn't sure what to feel upon seeing Gohan's contact appear. It truthfully made the Saiyan sigh, knowing Chi-Chi had somehow dragged him in once more. It was an annoying trait of the woman. To monopolize on other's and try to sway their view to her side. It was always her way or the highway. Redialing the number, he placed the phone on his ear before listening to the soft ringing. Nearly two full seconds passed before the phone went through, his son's voice slightly raised on the other end.