⚜ Chapter Ten - Presage ⚜

As the tournament reached its peak, nearly ten minutes had passed in Earth time. Of course, the numbers had thinned considerably. Especially for Universe 10. They remained in the stands, peering to the field with hope still glimmering in their gaze. Down to three remaining, no one held a single moment of doubt. There was no need to fear, not with Goku on their side. Although, it didn't mean the apprentice Kai didn't succumb to his own fears. He was aware of the Saiyan's strength, but also didn't desire to witness the one he cherished be attacked openly. There was no doubt once Goku made himself known, he'd be ganged up on. It was simply how most fought, a fact Universe 10 learned easily. They targeted the strong by group mentality.

In the end, the first Universe wiped out was none other than Universe 9, who had more bark than bite. They had attempted the same strategy on Goku's old Universe, earning them a heavy blow. Half were wiped out with ease by none other than Vegeta, a Saiyan Goku himself brought to light in the past. The other Saiyan was the only real friend Goku admitted to, along with the idea the two were rivals. It was the only leading fact that let Zamasu understand what would befall in the tournament. There was no doubt the two would joust each other.

"You seem troubled Zamasu." Universe 10's supreme Kai glanced toward his apprentice, offering a partial smile to the other. "I am here to listen, if need be."

"It's nothing, honest. I am simply concerned about the outcome, nothing more." Gowasu nodded, peering at the battlefield.

"That is a fair concern, but trust him. He will not fail, that much I believe." Zamasu fell silent, offering his own smile. He knew those words were sincere. Goku had never let them down, so there was a slim chance he'd fall back on his words. His own speech before the tournament ran through Zamasu's mind, letting him pull his hands together. He pressed his lips along his knuckles, smiling lightly.

"I understand, Master. There is no need for doubt, as you've said. Now then, shall we cheer them on. I believe Goku may be letting himself be known soon." The older Kai nodded, chuckling lightly.

"Indeed. I am excited for this spectacle." As both fell silent, they only shifted their gazes the moment hands grabbed onto Zamasu's arms. He peered to the two boys, who had fled back after Universe 7 had lost their first player. Goten was quick to hide from view, leaving Zaku to block the view of his brother from the baldie on the bench. The short male seemed taken back, but was quick to know not to speak. Even Beerus had ordered it as such, leaving that area in a thick silence. As for Goten, he seemed distraught. At least until Zaku hugged him tightly, smiling with a warm so genuine. It made the two Kai's perk up, offering short snorts to the other as Zamasu found his voice, pulling both into his lap. One on each leg.

"Look at you two, already so close. You know, this bond will only grow further." Both peered at their parent, giving a confused look.

"How so?" In unison they spoke, leaving Gowasu to speak up as the other Kai broke into a fit of laughter. He had to admit, the two children were beyond adorable. Zamasu adored and cherished them both.

"He is implying that someday you two will have a bond linked with fate. Just as your father is to be linked to Goku in the near future, someday you two shall follow." Both children linked gazes, grinning widely. Goten was the first to speak up, his joy outright blinding.

"I'd be fine with that! Me and Zaku will be together forever!"

"Goten is right! We'll stand by each other until the end!" Zamasu calmed himself before pulling both to his chest, a sigh falling from him. His voice was so soft, like a melody left in the bitter noise, seemingly hushed into a serene whisper for the ear.

"I've been blessed, truly so. You two; I love you both." They glanced between the others, softening their smiles as they hugged Zamasu, leaving the older Kai to release a soft breath before he focused on the tournament. Everyone in Universe 10 was silent, but no one cared. No one shed a single word; there was simply no need. Everything was peaceful for once and they all enjoyed the serenity. The calmness; taking it to fill their hearts.