⚜ Chapter Five - Wrath ⚜

The trio had arrived in Universe 10, landing along the green lawn Goku remembered well. He may have been bad with names, but the sight was something to drink in. There was not a single flaw to the area. It was to be expected of a Kai's residence. They were known for their calm nature and respect for the environment around them. Goku had let Goten go, watching as his kid pranced around. It surprised the Saiyan a bit, to hear a short chuckle from Zamasu. His gaze shifted, falling onto that green hued skin. The way the Kai's features turned with every smile. How his hair shifted gracefully with every rise and fall of his chest. It made the Saiyan ponder when he began to notice the other. When he truly started noticing the features that were present on the face that he'd known for such a short time. In less than a few days, Goku felt he'd experienced more joy with Zamasu than with anyone on Earth.

"Ah, I see you've brought a guest along. You must be Goku, the one Beerus brought not too long ago with him. Who is the little one?" Goten ran back over to his father, leaving Goku to chuckle. He ran a hand along his son's head, meeting Gowasu's gaze.

"This is my youngest, Goten. It is a pleasure to meet you again. Last time I was a bit disgraceful, requesting to fight Zamasu here. For that, I apologize. I was simply curious about the strength of a Kai." Gowasu shook it off, motioning the trio to follow.

"I was just about to have some tea, if you'd like to join me." Zamasu stayed silent, simply followed. It left Goku to carry his kid with him as they moved further in. They stopped by a table just under a large tree, leaving a heavy shadow. It cooled the area, not that Goku minded. Taking a seat, he let Goten go as the kid ran off once more, leaving the adults alone.

"Apologies for him. Goten is a free spirit, similar to me."

"No need for such things. Children have all the reasons to live freely, for being a child does not last forever."

"You could say that again. Still, I enjoy him as he is." Taking in a short breath, he shifted his tail a bit. The sudden movement drew Gowasu's gaze, questions rising to the surface. It wasn't entirely unexpected. After all, he had an appendage that wasn't on Earthlings. Then again, he wasn't an Earthling by blood. He was a Saiyan. A warrior race.

"I've been told you're mortal, an Earthling. Is that correct?"

"Not entirely. I was born on a different planet in my universe, but they had sent me off at a young age. My race from what I've been told was a warrior race, always keen on fighting. I was sent to dominate and destroy Earth, but instead was raised to protect it. Not that it did much in the end..." The solemn words made Zamasu look away, his voice rising as his tone remained a deadly calm.

"Those Earthlings simply don't understand your value even if it hit them in the face." A short chuckle sounded as Goku leaned a bit back in the seat.

"Maybe. But I can't change what's done." Gowasu took a sip of his tea before settling his own questions.

"I'm to assume something has arisen that would be labeled as trouble on your planet?"

"In a sense, that would be correct. A slight miscommunication has turned into a war zone. I've spent my life guarding and protecting Earth, only for them to throw me to the side over a simple lie. A single slander and fraction of gossip let everything I've built crumble." A heavy silence loomed as the three simply took in everything. Zamasu had let his gaze wander, trailing over Goku's features. How the Saiyan seemed so sad at the past words. He couldn't blame him truthfully. Being in his shoes, anyone would feel heavy betrayal and it weighed a ton. It was a weight that felt endless and attacked the heart. Made every moment seem empty.

"I believe my apprentice's words were correct. You have a great value and they simply are blinded. That truth is dreadful, but it is a reality. What will you do now?" Goku shrugged as he glanced at the warm tea before him. He wasn't one for teas, but oddly enough, it felt soothing. Like it would wash his problems away. So he took a single sip. Let the heat roll down his body before he breathed out his next words.