Four

"FBI, Nina."

Oh.

Oh shit.

There's no way. They're fibbing.

"I don't believe you." I sass, crossing my arms.

Lilly scoffs, "You really are stubborn aren't you?" She reaches into the pocket of her jeans and pulls out a badge that says-

Well, fuck.

"Believe us now?" She asks, putting her badge back in the pocket of her jeans.

I do the most reasonable thing in these types of situations.

I run.

I turn around, swing the door open and book it outta there.

I run down the hallway, the sound of my feet continuously hitting the ground echoing through the halls as my heartbeat drums in my chest.

I keep turning my head over my shoulder as I run, making sure nobody was chasing me. Because of this, I wasn't looking where I was going and trip over someone's foot.

I hear the sound of a drink being dropped and splashing on the ground as I slam my eyes shut, bracing myself for the impact of hitting the floor.

But I don't.

Instead I feel an arm snaked around my waist, preventing my from falling on my face.

"Goddamnit, seriously? I just bought that!" I hear the person complain, most likely referring to the drink that had been spilled on the ground.

I recognized this voice immediately.

It was Ricky.

He then grabs my waist with both of his hands as he steadies me back on my feet. I finally find the courage to look him in the eye, only to find him giving me an extremely harsh glare.

"You really don't know how to follow the simplest of rules, do ya?" He asks, tilting his head a bit. "I asked one thing, Nina. Not to run. And that's exactly what you did and in the process of that, you ruined the perfectly good coffee I just bought."

"Yeah, I don't do rules." I reply, watching as he raises his eyebrows.

"Mm, well in the time that's spent with me, you're gonna have to obey. We're not here to hurt you. We're here to help you. When are you gonna get that through your thick skull?" He snaps, moving his hands from my waist to my wrist as he starts to lead me back down the hallway.

"This just proves that I can't leave you alone with them for two seconds," He mumbles, clearly annoyed.

He seemed really mad so I just decided it would be better to let him take me wherever the hell he was taking me.

Eventually we end up at a room at the very end of the hallway I look at the sign at the side of the door and it says: 

ROOM 205

BOWEN

Who the hell is Bowen?

I thought he said his name was Ricky.

He swings the door open, places his hands on the small of my back, and literally pushes me in there, causing me to fall on the ground cause of how hard he pushed me.

This dude was really aggressive.

God bless those poor souls who slept with him. I hope their vajayjay's are okay.

I get up from the floor so I'm looking into his eyes, "Dude, you must be extremely rough in bed."

I slap my hand over my mouth. I did not mean to say that out loud.

He raises his eyebrows, closing the door shut with his heel as he reaches out and grabs my wrist, roughly pulling me towards him as he spins me around so my back slams up against the door as him palms rest on the door on either side of my head. "Yeah? You more of a physical learner? Wanna see for yourself?" He smirks, his voice coming out very deep and husky.

I roll my eyes as I place my palms on his chest, pushing him away from me. "You're disgusting. What happened to "Slow down, we just met"?"

He opens his mouth as if he were gonna answer me, but then someone knocks on the door.

"Yo boss, we're ready now." I hear a voice from the other side of the door announce.

The use of the word boss makes me question who Ricky really is. I mean, what do I know about him besides the fact that he's probably good in bed?

Wait, no. I mean rough in bed.

Anyways, was he an FBI person too?

I called him a bastard!

"Fuckin' finally," Ricky mumbles as he grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the room.

"I can walk there myself." I snap, yanking my wrist out of his grasp. This only causes him to grab it again, this time his grip even tighter.

"Yeah well any trust I had for you is completely gone, so." He retorts, picking up his walking pace.

In no time we arrive back at the same room we were in before, and once again, he shoves me in there.

This dude is treating me like a literal ragdoll.

"You're probably gonna want to sit down for this. What we're about to tell you is extremely confidential, and if you tell anyone we can sue you and take you to court. Understood?" Lilly informs, and I nod my head.

It's weird how I ended up here.

Just a couple hours ago I was at a party at Gina's house, and then I got kidnapped, and now I'm surrounded by two FBI agents and some guy who likes to drag me everywhere and shove me a lot.

"Say it, Nina." Lilly orders, taking her phone out of her pocket and aiming it at me as if she was recording me.

"What're you recording me for?" I ask, my eyes aimed at the phone. Ricky scoffs and rolls his eyes as if I was being recorded for an obvious reason.

"It's just the law. Nothing I can do about it. Now say you understand."

"I understand that if I tell anyone this information you guys can sue me and take me to court." I mirror what she said earlier, relieved when she finally puts her phone back in her pocket.

"Good. Now, incase you don't remember our names, I'm Lilly, this is Levi and this is Ricky." She introduces, pointing to Levi with her right hand and pointing to Ricky with her left.

"Okay, cool. Can someone just tell me why I'm here? Like you pulled me from a perfectly good party where the drinks were really good an-"

"Your sister's case got reopened and we're helping you investigate. All three of us work for the Federal Bureau of Investigation or, in simpler terms, the FBI." Lilly explains, and my jaw practically drops to the floor. "We've been keeping tabs on your life for a while now. We know your age, we know your friends, we know what school you go to, oh and speaking of school-" Lilly begins, but Ricky cuts her off. 

"All three of us are enrolling at your school."

"What?!"

+

SCARLETT SPECULATES: do you prefer chocolate flavored candy or fruit flavored candy?

MY ANSWER: fruit flavored for sure