Eleven

"So Nina, you said the last time you saw your sister alive and well was the morning of September 19th, correct?" Lily asks, taking notes on what I tell her while Levi and Ricky look over files.

"That is correct, yes."

"Alright. We're gonna need you to come on a little road trip with us, we believe we found someone who might have information on your sister." Lily informs.

"Wait, so did they know Keira?" I question.

"We believe so, that's why we're gonna go have a quick meeting with them and we need you to come with us so you can confirm or deny anything." Lily replies, getting up from her seat.

I was not too ecstatic about going somewhere with all three of them, considering they were all pissed at me for different reasons.

Lily is pissed at me for what I do to Ashlyn.

Levi is pissed at me because he thinks I'm a heartless bitch.

And Ricky is pissed at me because he thinks I don't know my self worth.

"Levi, take the files on Keira and let's go." Lily demands, walking out of the door. Levi shortly follows, leaving only me and Ricky left in the office room.

"Uh, just so you're aware," Ricky begins, catching my attention. "This is your first trip with us, so just be prepared. Sometimes the people we meet up with end up being not who they say they are and for that reason all three of us are gonna be carrying guns on us. I'm telling you this now so you're not alarmed. We're only going to use it if it comes to extreme circumstances, okay?"

I then look down to the pocket of his jeans, shivering a bit when I see a gun in there.

"It's part of my job, Nina." He says, clearly seeing my reaction.

'Nini." I correct him.

"No. Nina."

Asshole.

+

"How far is the drive?" I ask, sliding into the car as Lily slides in next to me. Ricky was driving with Levi sitting next to him in the passenger seat.

"Bout an hour." Levi confirms as Ricky sticks the car key into the ignition. I feel my seat vibrate below me, indicating we were gonna leave soon.

It's silent for the next couple minutes as we begin to drive, until Levi begins to turn on the radio.

Levi flips through the channels, until eventually landing on Milkshake by Kelis.

"HELL YEAH!" Levi yells, turning the radio up so that its blasting.

"MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD AND THEY'RE LIKE, IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS!" Levi sings along to the song, turning the radio on full blast.

"Levi fucking turn it down!" Ricky shouts, moving his hand towards the radio but Levi slaps it away.

"LA LA, LA LA LA! WARM IT UP!" Levi sings, while Ricky and Lily groan in unison.

This was gonna be one hell of a car ride.

+

After about an hour and an extra thirty minutes of traffic of Levi singing to ridiculous songs, we finally arrive at this rural house in the middle of a corn field.

Ricky parks the car in the driveway of the house, turns off the car and we all get out. To say my nerves were high was an understatement.

We make our way up to the front door of the house while Lily uses the door knocker to knock on the door.