Six

"Your friend is hot." Gina states as I was grabbing stuff out of my locker.

"Uh, which one?" I ask.

"Ricky. Is he dating anyone?"

"I don't know. And he is not my friend." I clarify.

"Then why was he sitting with us?"

"Cause he's a dick."

"Okay whatever anyways, can you come home with me today? I rented out a bunch of old movies and got some popcorn so we could have a movie marathon. I invited Kourtney, too."

"Oh yeah I'd love t-" I begin, but get cut off by someone slinging their arm around my shoulders.

"Sorry, she can't. She's coming home with us today." I hear a voice that I immediately recognized as Ricky's announce.

I look up at him and raise my eyebrows, "I am?"

"Yup." He replies.

"Oh yeah that's fine! Uh, Nini just give me a call when you're done hanging out with him. And Ricky you're welcome to come to our movie mara-" Gina starts, but get's cut off by Ricky.

"Nah, that's alright. Nini will probably be back late so you guys are probably gonna have to reschedule." Ricky advises.

"Um, she has a boyfriend! But I don't.." Gina informs, trying her best to look seductive as she walks over to Ricky and runs her palm down his chest.

Ricky just looks uncomfortable.

He's looking anywhere in the hallway but her.

"Okay, we should get going. Bye, Gi." I interrupt her flirtatious act as I pull Ricky away from her, sensing his uncomfortable state.

"Fuckin' fuck off." Ricky curses, yanking his wrist out of my grasp.

"Oh so you can drag me around like a ragdoll but I can't?" I sass, crossing my arms.

"Yup."

Asshole.

+

"Nina why do you hang out with those airheads? They're absolute assholes and the fact that you saw what they were doing to that poor girl and didn't say anything makes you just as bad as them." Lily scolds as she gets into the car, sliding into the seat next to me while Ricky sit's in the drivers seat with Levi next to him in the passenger seat.

"I'm not talking to you about this right now." I retort, buckling my seatbelt as I turn my head so I'm facing away from her and looking out the window.

"Fine. If you want to live with that then go ahead but I genuinely hope you're ashamed of yourself." Lily snaps back. I roll my eyes as I feel my seat vibrate, indicating that Ricky started up the car.

"Alright ladies, settle down back there." Ricky interrupts our banter as he begins to drive away from the school.

The weather was cloudy and rainy today, my perfect type of weather. As I was looking out the window, watching as the rain drops fell down the window, I felt a tear slip out of my eye.

I don't wanna be the way I am.

I don't want the lifestyle I have.

I never wanted this.

Happiness.

Happiness is what I want. It's what I wish for.

But some wishes are too far out of reach, that it pains you more with the knowledge of knowing you'll never have that wish.