Twenty Nine

- N I N I -

"You did what?!" I exclaim, trying to keep up with the story Ricky was telling me.

"Beat the fuck out of Hayes. So anyway-"

"No! This is not an 'anyways' situation!" My eyes then drift down to his hand, gasping when I see how bruised his knuckles were. I grab his hand and hold it up to my eyes, "Ricky!"

"Nini, I'm fine. You should see the other guy."

"Well what happened to him?"

"I knocked him out, put him in my car and took him to Lily and Levi. They're gonna take him to the police and get him locked up."

"So.. that's it? He's gone?"

"Yup."

"Well, I don't like how you did it but thank you, Ricky."

"Thank me with a kiss, sunshine." He smirks, taking a step closer to me.

I roll my eyes, placing my palms on his chest as I push him away from me. "Screw you."

"Mm, I'm up for that."

"Shut up!"

"Make me, sweetheart."

"You suck."

"Damn right I do."

"Richard Taylor Bowen!"

"Nina Isabel Salazar-Roberts. Ugh, your name is such a mouthful."

"Shut up."

He chuckles a bit before turning around and walking out of the room we were in. I don't know what in the world possessed me to say what I said next.

"Who are you?" I ask, making him turn around.

"What?"

"Who are you, Ricky?"

"Um, I'm a little lost. You're asking me who I am yet you just said my name-"

"No, literally. Who are you? Like, I barely know anything about you."

"I'm not that interesting."

"I don't care, tell me about you. You know my whole tragic backstory, so it's only fair."

"Um, okay. I have 3 sisters, my parents are divorced, I don't talk to either of them anymore."

"What are your sisters names?"

"Rylie, Ruby, and Rosalie. All of our names starting with R was my moms idea."

"Why don't you talk to your parents?"

"I didn't know that was any of your business." He snaps, catching me off guard.

"Sorry."

"Just forget it, Nini." He shakes off my curiosity, leaving the room.

That was certainly a reaction.

+

"So Hayes killed your sister and stalked you?! I knew I should've kicked that guy in the nutsack when I had the chance." Gina rants as I finally open up to her about the situation.

"Yeah. Now he's in the hospital because Ricky got him good, but as soon as he's recovered it's straight to prison."

"Good! I hope that asshole gets the electric chair."

"I don't."

"Excuse me? Nini this guy murdered your sister!"

"I know. That's why I want him to stay alive. I want him to live with the guilt. I don't care if he feels remorse or not, I want him to rot. And I mean, God knows what those other inmates will do to him once word gets out that he's a pedophile and a murderer."