Nine

My best friend and my boyfriend.

It hurt so much.

"Are you gonna be okay while I'm gone? Cause if you're not, I don't have to go." Ricky asks, pulling into the driveway of his house.

"I'll be fine. Your job is important, you need to go." I tell him, unbuckling my seatbelt to get out of the car, but he stops me by grabbing my arm.

"Wait."

I turn my head towards him to see what he wanted to say. He pauses for a brief second before speaking up.

"He never deserved you."

I give him a soft smile, "Thanks."

I then get out of the car, watching as he pulls into the driveway.

I sigh and head into his house. His million dollar mansion.

I make my way into my bedroom, which was really the guest bedroom in Ricky's house but its mine for who knows how long.

I flop back onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling.

I feel my phone buzz, lighting up with a notification that Ej texted me.

Even though I really wanted to tell him no and never talk to him or Gina ever again, for some reason I still agreed to meet up with him

Am I stupid?

Yeah.

+

"Nini, I promise Gina came onto me first. I swear." Ej informs, but I was still skeptical.

"Dude, you kissed her back! I literally saw it."

"I know. I was wrong and I'm never gonna forgive myself for that but I promise you Nini I was thinking of you the entire time. You know how much love I have for you and I would never want you to question that. I'm really, really sorry Nini. I would say sorry a billion times if I could."

I know I shouldn't forgive him. I know I should've gotten up and left him there.

But I didn't.

For some reason, I said;

"It's okay. I forgive you."

He smiles as he places one hand on my hip, capturing my lips in a sweet kiss.

I grimace knowing Gina's lips were on his less than three hours ago.

As I'm kissing the man who cheated on me, I begin to question myself.

I cheated on him too.

Now I know what it feels like to be cheated on.

I'm disappointed in myself.

+

I knock on his bedroom door, waiting patiently for him to answer.

A moment later Ricky swings the door open, "What do you want? Work was exhausting today and I'm really tired."