7 | hair gel

June 15th, 2005 - 7:34 a.m.

Chifuyu yawned and scratched his head as he entered the bathroom, standing in front of the mirror and looking at himself. His eyes fell on his hair, seeing it in it's natural hairstyle. He scoffed - Y/n liked it like that? But it looked so . . . plain.

She really prefers my hair this way? He thought as he picked up his toothbrush.

After having dressed up, he was once again in the bathroom, comb and hair gel in hand. He looked at the label of the bottle, then back up at his hair. He ran a hand through his blond hair.

''Can't believe I'm doing this.'' He walked out of the bathroom and towards the kitchen, where his mother was, packing his lunch and dancing around as she listened to the radio.

''Good morning, Chifuyu, dear,'' his mother said as she looked up at him and halted her movements, watching him as he opened the trash can and threw his hair gel inside. ''Did it finish? Should I buy you some more when I come back later?''

Chifuyu looked at the gel that was now laying on top of the other trash in the bin before looking back up at his mother, a grin on his face. ''No need, I'm giving up the hair gel.''

His mother quirked an eyebrow - had he not been so passionate about it just the morning before? ''This is strange, Chifuyu,'' his mother said as she turned back to finish wrapping his bento. ''Someone must've told you something about it. It was someone you like, wasn't it? Anyway, here's your bento.''

Chifuyu felt his cheeks heat up at his mother's careless remark, surprised she'd guessed it so easily. Quickly grabbing his box, he hurried to get away from his mother's knowing look.

Am I that easy to read?

June 15th, 2005 - 8:05 a.m.

Chifuyu stood in front of the apartment building, tapping his foot as he waited for Baji to get down so they can walk to school together. His eyes had unknowingly made their way towards Y/n's - now familiar - window, silently wishing she could've been walking with them.

''Did you run out of hair gel?'' He turned around and saw Baji with his usual look - his hair pulled back in a low bun and his big glasses on his face - looking at Chifuyu's hair in a confused expression.

''Decided not to put on any today,'' Chifuyu admitted.

Baji watched him for a moment before giving him a knowing look. ''I see how it is.''

Chifuyu looked at him unamused. ''How is it, then?''

''L/n told you something about your hair, didn't she?''

How do they both know? Chifuyu shouted in his head, feeling his cheeks warm up again. ''Do you and my mom have telephaty or something?''

Baji started laughing at his embarrassed expression. ''So she did!''

''Shut up, Baji-san.''

''You're so into her, it's embarrassing,'' Baji said as he started walking up ahead, still laughing at his friend. Chifuyu sighed before following after.

June 15th, 2005 - 10:23 a.m.

Y/n closed the door of the student council room as she held a few folders in her hands, making her way to the second-year classrooms. She said good morning to some classmates she saw down the corridor, enjoying their short break between classes, finally arriving at the first classroom the had to visit.

After leaving one of the folders, she made her way to the next classroom. This is Chifuyu's class, isn't it? Y/n asked herself before opening the door and entering. She scanned the room, seeing Chifuyu sitting on his desk and reading manga. There was, however, something different about him that day.

He let his hair down, Y/n noted as she placed the folder on the teacher's desk. He looks pretty cute that way.

Chifuyu hadn't noticed her yet, being too engulfed in his manga - the one she'd recommended him, she noted - so she decided to do the only sensible thing a person would do when they see a friend who's too focused on something.

''Boo!''

''ARGH!"

Y/n started laughing as Chifuyu kept his hand over his heart, trying to regain his breath. He looked down at his desk, seeing that he had dropped the manga on the desk, and it had closed in result, loosing his page.

''Y/n!'' Chifuyu whined as he scrambled to find the page he was at, feeling his cheeks grow warmer as he tried to ignore his classmates' stares. ''Don't scare me like that!''

''Your reaction was worth it, though!'' Y/n said as she started calming down, grabbing the chair of the desk in front of Chifuyu's and sitting down. ''So, you like it so far?''

''. . . It's decent.''

''What do you mean decent, it's a masterpiece!'' Y/n protested, leaning on her hand as she looked up at his hair. ''So, no more dumb hairstyle?''

Chifuyu felt himself blush again. ''Shut up, it wasn't dumb.''

''Did you change it because of me?'' Y/n asked with a chuckle, not really expecting him to admit if it were true.

''I just ran out of gel, that's all,'' Chifuyu tried to redeem himself, but the pink tint on his cheeks gave him away. Y/n chuckled at the thought. Had he done it because of my comment yesterday?

''Are you falling for me, Chifuyu-kun?'' Y/n asked in a teasing tone, pointing her finger at him.

Chifuyu scoffed, grabbing her hand and putting it back down on the desk. ''Yeah, right.''

Yeah, right.