19 | execution

happy new year everyone! sorry for not updating, it's been hectic for a bit around the holidays, since we're moving and all, but here's a new years update! hopefully i'll manage to cram in a bit more writing before school starts again! anyway, enjoy the new chapter and may 2022 be better than whatever the hell the last two years were

- - -

September 30th, 2005 - 8:33 p.m.

Chifuyu tapped his pen on the notepad he was holding, looking up from his notes and at Baji and Mitsuya, who were sitting across from him. The three were in Chifuyu's room, finishing up the preparations for tomorrow.

''You got the reservation, right?'' asked Chifuyu as he pointed at Mitsuya with his pen.

Mitsuya, who was leaning back on his arms, nodded. ''Yeah, the cats are gonna be waiting for you.''

Chifuyu nodded, ticking off one of the points on the paper. ''Great. Baji-san, you bought the flowers, right?''

'''Course I did,'' Baji scoffed as if it were obvious.

Chifuyu ticked that off as well. ''It should all go smoothly, then. Great.''

''You know, Chifuyu,'' Mitsuya spoke, causing the two other boys to look at him. ''You're planning all of this, but did you ever ask her to go out with you tomorrow?''

Chifuyu froze for a moment, his eyes trailing up the list and at the very first point that remained unticked - 'Ask Y/n out'. ''Shit, shit, shit! I-''

His words were cut off by the bell and Chifuyu sprung up to his window, seeing Y/n standing in front of his front door. ''Speaking of the devil,'' Mitsuya spoke, he and Baji having followed after Chifuyu.

''I'll be back,'' Chifuyu said and quickly ran towards the front door, whilst Baji and Mitsuya remained in his room, opening the window slightly so they can eavesdrop the conversation.

Y/n looked up when the door opened, facing the slightly panting Chifuyu that now stood in front of her. ''You okay?''

He straightened up and coughed. ''Yeah, I'm fine. What's up?'' Chifuyu asked, playing with his fingers.

''Just came to pick up Shin and Mai,'' Y/n said, pointing at the two cats that had already found their way to the door and were now looking up at Y/n. She squatted down, letting Shin walk over to her and nuzzle his face in her hand.

Chifuyu watched as she picked up the two cats, feeling as if something was stuck in his troath. ''I'll just go, then.''

''Wait,'' Chifuyu said and Y/n stopped mid-turn, looking at Chifuyu in confusion. ''Do you, uh . . . Do you want to hang out tomorrow? Or something.''

Y/n shrugged, careful not to drop the cats. ''Yeah, sure. I have no plans anyway.'' Chifuyu felt relief wash over him.

Baji and Mitsuya high-fived inside Chifuyu's room, silently cheering for their friend. ''Step one of the plan, completed!''

''Yeah,'' Mitsuya agreed with Baji. ''Hopefully he doesn't fuck up the rest of the steps.''

October 1st, 2005 - 4:21 p.m.