epilogue

June 27th, 2019 — 9:34 a.m.

''Fuyu! Have you seen my necklace?''

''It's on your bedside table! Have you seen my tie?''

''It's hanging around your neck!''

''Oh, shit, right. Thanks!''

Y/n rushed to the bedroom, spotting her necklace on her bedside table, just as Chifuyu had told her, along with her earrings. She quickly grabbed them and rushed back the bathroom, trying her best not to trip over her dress. On the way, she passed Peke J, Shin and Mai all sitting in a line, their little heads following her movements in judgement.

''I can't deal with you three right now,'' Y/n scoffed at them and opened the bathroom door, only to find Chifuyu tying his tie facing the mirror. Without a word, she stood next to him and put on her earrings, then tried to clip her necklace — one Chifuyu himself had gifted her — without success.

''Let me,'' Chifuyu's fingers touched the back of her neck and took the clasps from Y/n's hands, quickly closing them together. ''There you go.''

''Thanks,'' Y/n turned around and pressed a quick kiss to his lips. Chifuyu smiled at her when she pulled back. ''Stop smiling like that, you look dumb.''

''And you look pretty.''

''I'll punch you.''

''I'll be into it.''

''Fuyu!'' Y/n slapped his chest, her mouth falling open. ''Now's not the time. Baji's picking us up soon!''

''Why couldn't we just go with the motorbike?'' Chifuyu pouted. Y/n rolled her eyes. Ever since he bought it a year ago, he's been obsessed with it.

''How am I supposed to sit on it with a long dress?'' Y/n smacked his forehead, causing him to wince. ''Think a little.''

''I can hold you. I wouldn't let you fall.''

''Chifuyu, shut up.'' It would've been hot, but they couldn't risk a trip to the hospital on Takemichi and Hina's wedding. ''You're the best man, you should at least try to survive until your speech.'' Y/n then turned around, her dress still open. ''Zip me up?''

Chifuyu shook his head jokingly. ''The things I do for you.'' He quickly zipped her up, putting his hand between her back and the zipper at the end so it wouldn't pinch her. ''There.'' Then she felt his lips on the back of her head, pressing a kiss. She couldn't help but smile.

The two stood there for a moment, Chifuyu's hands on her shoulders at they stared at each other through the mirror. As Y/n reached up to touch Chifuyu's hand, her eyes briefly fell on her own engagement ring, one she'd received just three weeks prior on a random Tuesday night, right after Chifuyu had gotten home from work and felt like it had been the right moment.

Oh, how the stars had loved to hear that.