2 | two motorbikes in the night

May 30th, 2005 -  4:38 p.m.

She understood they must've been concerned about her - they'd just saved her from almost being taken advantage-of, but they were becoming overbearing. It's been ten minutes already, did they really have to follow her for that long?

Stopping in her tracks, Y/n turned around to face the two boys that had been walking behind her. ''Can you guys stop follow me? I'm grateful, really, but I'm fine on my own, too.''

''It's not that, girlie,'' Baji spoke as he walked with his hands in his pockets, him and Chifuyu coming to a stop a few meters in front of her. ''We live in the same direction.''

Her eyes widened and her cheeks warmed up - how had she not considered the possibility? And here she thought they'd been worried. Idiot. How did you not think of that?

By the time she'd looked up, the two had already walked past her and continued on their way. She sighed and turned around, jogging to catch up to them. ''Wait for me, then!''

Chifuyu couldn't help but crack a small smile as she stood on his side so she can walk home with them. She could've chosen Baji's side, but no, she chose his. This is how shoujo manga starts, right?

''By the way, what's your name?'' asked Baji all of the sudden, causing Chifuyu to look at her in expectance. He had supposedly fallen in love, yet he didn't know her name. Had he fallen so hard that he hadn't even stopped to ask?

''L/n Y/n,'' she introduced herself, giving them a small smile and a peace sign, causing Baji to chuckle and Chifuyu to blush slightly.

''I'm Baji Keisuke and this is Matsuno Chifuyu,'' Baji introduced the two of them, slapping Chifuyu's back and making him stumble slightly.

''Yeah, I know.'' Chifuyu and Baji both quirked an eyebrow, sharing a look before looking back at Y/n. She rolled her eyes at the two. ''We go to the same school, so I've heard about Baji. I heard Matsuno's name earlier in the fight, but I've seen you both around school before.''

''How come I've never seen you around school before?'' asked Baji, still looking at her in confusion.

''You probably don't pay attention.'' Y/n shrugged. ''I'm in neither of your classes either, so I'm not surprised. Anyway, that's my stop.''

The three came to a halt and the two boys looked at the building across from where they were standing in confusion, once again. ''What is it now?''

''We live in the building right across yours,'' Chifuyu said as he pointed at their apartment building behind them. ''How have we never come across you on the way to school?''

''I'm in the student council so I leave the house earlier,'' Y/n explained as she checked her watch, noticing the time. ''Thank you guys so much for saving me again, but I have to go now. See you around!''

Before any of the boys can ask anything else, she dashed towards her building, leaving the two behind. After a few seconds, both boys turned around and started walking towards their own apartment building.

''She's cute, isn't she?'' asked Baji all of the sudden, causing Chifuyu to snap his head up.

''Yeah, I guess,'' Chifuyu agreed as he shrugged his shoulders.

''How have we never noticed her around school before?'' Baji pondered.

Chifuyu chuckled. ''As if we pay attention to the people at school.''

Baji laughed. ''Yeah, you're right,'' he said as he came to his door, getting his keys out. ''Don't forget the Toman meeting later, okay?''

''Yeah, yeah, I know,'' Chifuyu said as he continued on his way towards his own apartment. ''See you later!''

As Chifuyu entered his house, he noticed his cat stop right in it's tracks, it's big eyes staright right at him before he meowed. ''Hey, Peke J,'' Chifuyu said as he threw his keys in the bowl next to the door and took off his shoes. The cat simply meowed again.

Walking into his room, Chifuyu put his backpack on his desk, whilst Peke J jumped on top of his bed and laid down, watching him curiously. Chifuyu opened his backpack and brought out the treats he'd bought earlier, walking over to the Peke J's cup in his room and pouring them in.

''Here you go,'' Chifuyu said as he put the bag away. He straightened up, his eyes trailing out of the window to see a figure walking out of the building - Y/n, to be precise. She had her backpack again, though this time, she wasn't wearing her uniform, but rather casual clothes. Running down the street, she went in the opposite direction of the school.

Chifuyu wondered where she was going.

He shook his head. They'd met two hours ago, he can't have fallen that hard, right? But them again, had it not been love at first sight? Does that even exist?

It's been less than two hours, but Chifuyu had decided that real-life feelings are complicated.

May 30th, 2005 -  10:27 p.m.

Chifuyu leaned on his motorbike as he waited for Baji to come downstairs after having forgotten his jacket back in his house. He was flipping a coin he'd found in his pocket, trying to keep himself at least a bit entertained.

If they were late to the Toman meeting, he was throwing Baji under the bus.

The night was silent, so he clearly heard the quiet sound of a window opening. Looking up, his eyes fell on a figure sitting on the window at the second floor of the building right across his. It was dark, but the light from their room illuminated them, letting Chifuyu make out the figure.

Y/n was sitting at her window, reading a book. He wondered what she was reading.

''Chifuyu, I'm back!'' Baji announced when he finally entered the garage again, this time wearing his Toman jacket. ''We can go now.''

''Finally,'' Chifuyu said as he straddled his bike and turned it on, throwing one last glance at Y/n.

The roaring of engines filled the silence, disturbing Y/n's reading. They were back at it again, weren't they? Looking down, she saw the two motorbikes take off down the street, the noise slowly but surely disappearing. She wondered who they were, where they went so late at night?

Closing her manga, she sighed and looked up. The stars were bright tonight, too.

I can't believe I got attacked, Y/n thought, her hand rising up to the cheek that guy had slapped earlier. It didn't hurt anymore and she hoped it wouldn't bruise. Thank God those two heard me, otherwise I don't even want to imagine what would've happened.  

Baji and Chifuyu, huh, she thought. I thought they were bad since they were delinquents, but they're kind of nice. Though, Chifuyu is kind of weird. His hair especially.

Should I bother with them? They're still delinquents, who knows what they're hiding and what their true colors are. I better keep my distance.