30 | to follow

did i write this on my phone on the way to school? maybe.

———

November 27th, 2005 — 6:59 a.m.

Y/n yawned as she exited her building, rubbing the back of her head. When she opened her eyes, she was met with a pair of green ones seemingly mere inches away from her.

''Holy fuck!'' Y/n jumped back, a hand over her heart. She breathed heavily as she looked at Chifuyu standing there all serious. ''What the hell? What are you doing here? How long have you been here for?''

''Listen, I know you're mad and you don't believe me, but please, just for today, indulge me and let me stay by your side.'' Chifuyu put his hands together in a prayer and bowed his head, his eyes closed.

Y/n squinted her eyes at him, confused as to what he was talking about. Then it hit her — the last time she'd talked with him was three days ago, when he and Takemichi had told her she would be dying in the next three days. Great. ''So, today's the day, huh?''

''Yes.'' Chifuyu's position didn't change. ''Just, please. For my sanity.'' Chifuyu popped an eye open and lifted his head enough to be able to look at Y/n. ''And . . . I've missed you.''

Y/n stared at him for a moment. He quickly closed his eyes again and resumed his pleading position. She leaned her weight on one leg and propped her hand on her hip, staring at him. She's been ignoring him for the past three days, be it at school, in their neighborhood or his calls, but she was really starting to miss him, too. Besides, she's seen him lingering around everywhere she went. He would just do that again if she ignored him again, right?

She took a step closer and raised a fist, bonking him lightly on top of his head. Chifuyu winced but looked up at her, his hands cupping the back of his head. ''Since it's my death day, you can help me plan my funeral.''

''Y/n, don't say that!''

''You're still being ridiculous.'' Y/n turned to start walking down the sidewalk. She couldn't hear Chifuyu follow and turned around to see him still rooted in place. Sighing, she put a hand out. ''I guess I can let your ridiculousness slide for day, for your sanity and everything.''

Chifuyu managed a weak smile and he quickly made his way to her side, interlocking their fingers together. ''Thanks.''

As they walked, Chifuyu looked at her. She was still here and wasn't as mad at him anymore, which was a plus. As he looked at her ear, he noticed she was wearing his earring, too.

Y/n is not going to die today.

Chifuyu kept his eyes open the whole way to school, and once there he walked Y/n to her classroom — he knew he couldn't go in there, though, as they were in different classes. "I'll come pick you up for lunch?"

"I'm pretty sure no one is going to murder me during Math class, Fuyu." He felt a sense of relief passing through him at the nickname.

Lunch came, they ate together and then it went. Chifuyu found her again right after school, the two leaving hand in hand.

"Let's go do something," Y/n suggested as she looked at her watch. "I have some time before cram school. I'm guessing you'll bring me there, too?"

Chifuyu obliged. He sat across from Y/n, watching as she slurped her ramen just as he did with his own.

"Have you thought which high school you're going to go to?" Y/n asked.

Chifuyu shrugged as he wiped his mouth with a napkin. "Dunno. I was thinking Shinsei."