ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛʀᴇss

months. months that felt like years to y/n.

her months at the casino. sure it's only been two.

well two and a half, but that isn't the point.

the point is, however, it's felt like years that y/n has worked at the casino.

years that she's known quackity and been one of his best friends.

except it's only been around 70 days. and that already sounds like a lot.

the casino just has this atmosphere. there's layers to this atmosphere that you have to peel back and discover...like an onion.

y/n's favorite was probably the Mid-Centuries Pub atmosphere.

it's a slow day. the only customers are older villagers and the occasional young man wallowing in his feelings about some snobby girl that didn't care about him.

y/n walks around tables, offering whiskey (the most popular item among these folks) and gives them a bright, genuine smile.

quackity sits at his huge, oak table. he's alone, because these folks don't like gambling.

but he's okay with that. he needs a break.

so he sits in that big chair. his prosthetic eye is sat in a case next to him. his beanie is on per-usual, and his suspender straps slip off his shoulders. he's shuffling cards for mild entertainment, occasionally flipping poker chips.

he glanced over to y/n once in a while to see that bright smile she gives the older folks, the consoling words to the poor bachelor that was rejected.

and he smiles.

not that one he gives an unsuspecting victim to his gambling tendencies.

no no, the one where his eyes scrunch up and his cheeks puff. his lips are drawn together and curled up nicely.

maybe this was his favorite too.

however.

tonight wasn't like that.

it was a different layer.

another personal favorites of quackity's.

Pop Music To Pop Your Skull.

silly name i know, but it fits.

y/n was currently on break, sitting out in the cold light air. quackity told her to take an hour break to prepare for all the guests coming.

his other friends.

well most of them are his friends. some of them he can't stand. they've wronged him in the past. but guess what?

quackity likes seeing how things play out and if that means inviting over enemies, he'll gladly sit back for that surprise.

he had a poor man unsuspectedly sitting across from him at his huge table. the man sweated bullets as he glanced to his cards, to the grinning face of quackity.

and it wasn't the nice grin either.

"fold? but you have so much more to win! here, i'll even get rid of the ace in my hands!"

was quackity being generous? oh no.

he was going to manipulate this poor guy into playing again.

and again.

until this man was worth nothing. he could only pay with his life after quackity was done with him.

the guy seemed to relax when quackity put down the ace of hearts. he took a deep breath and arranged his cards and placed them down.

"three of a kind. three 10's."

"oh really? good. but..."

the man's face dropped.

"it's too bad i have a full house."

"no..."

"it is a full house. how about we make it a little more... empty? yes?"

"no no no!"

he jumped out of the chair and ran to the door. quackity leaned back in his chair with wide eyes and a toothy smile. he counted the diamonds and emeralds he won as the man screamed and cried, running to the door.

a random chime was heard, sounding like a baseball symphony.

"batters up!" sapnap yelled from where he leaned on a wall to the right of the door.

sam came sprinting with an axe and cut in the guy's path, cutting him and his head off.

"home run! sam for the final point!" sapnap cheered like a crowd would and sam slung the axe over his shoulder.

he saluted and walked back over to stalk around the dark corridors of the casino.

"thanks boys! i'm gonna check on y/n."

"she has 5 minutes left before to get ready for the special guests."

quackity nodded and pushed his way through the doors.

y/n laid on the ground, gazing at the stars with a grin that made quackity stare in awe.

"oh! hey boss! i got 5 minutes k?"

"i know. i just thought i'd check on you."

he load beside her in the grass and glanced over to her.

"you're thinking about something."

"in my eyes, i could fly!" she sighed as she stared at the moon so far up in the sky, almost mocking her from how it floated far away.

"better luck next time." he stood up and offered a hand to her, pulling her up and she gripped his shoulders.

"shall we?"

"we shall."

quackity often wondered where this girl came from. who sent her and why. what their plan was for her. why they made her so amazing.

he often wondered who needed someone like her.

losing her had to have been a mistake.

so who was it?

woahhh

august 29/30, 2021