ʜᴏᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

"i'll escort you back

"i'll escort you back." wilbur smiled at y/n as phil and technoblade gave the pair a scowling look.

"oh no need, thank you." y/n said plainly.

"i insist." his lip twitched and he grabbed y/n's arm.

luckily, daylight was approaching and peaked over the trees like a fire.

wilbur continued gripping y/n's arm- practically dragging her.

"do you know where we're going?"

"of course my dear." he spoke as he put a cigarette between his lips and lit it. he exhaled the smoke and glanced to y/n.

"what's this..."

a dingy little town was lit up by torches, the wood being casted in a yellow glow. the bricks to the huge centered house were scratched and crumbling.

"welcome to my original home. more like what's left of it." he laughed until he hunched over feine being out of breath.

they stood on glass that looked down into a huge crater.

"i had all my fun here~" he whispered with a big grin.

he led y/n around a bit before putting out his cig on a purple allium.

"time to go. don't want him to see me..." wilbur muttered solemnly.

"who's he?"

"my co-founder, partner, and...ex friend.

tommy danger kraken innit."

the walk back made y/n feel...itchy? like something was bothering her.

that name wasn't familiar at all. but it brought up a memory of something else.

truth be told, y/n can't remember anything before 4 months ago when she started working at the casino.

waking up in a forest, rain, finding bright lights, quackity, and that's it.

it wasn't too concerning, being honest.

the sky illuminated the casino beautifully as they approached the huge building. the skylights were open to let in a cool breeze, but lights didn't blare through in pretty patterns or music didn't burst through the speakers.

y/n knocked and wilbur leaned on her.

quackity tiredly opened the door while adjusting his suspender strap.

"y/n! puddin i've been lookin for you everywhere!" he hugged y/n, ducking his head down to lay on her collarbone. she pat his head and adjusted his beanie as wilbur gave an annoyed look.

"listen, are you two done or can i go in and steal your supply of whiskey." wilbur spat as quackity laughed quietly before standing up straight with an arm wrapped around y/n's waist.

"i suppose you can. you'll need it for the...surprise i planned for you."

wilbur glanced over and saw a glint of risk and excitement flash in quackity's eye.

what are you planning duckie...

wilbur walked in nonchalantly with his hands stuffed in his pockets and he looked around.

no one or anything big.

sure quackity was risking wilbur's bad reaction, but wilbur was also risking his OWN bad reaction.

what will i do if it's something he knows i hate. will i rip him to shreds? blow him up until pieces are scattered every chunk of land? who knows...

he sat down at the bar and snatched the bottle of fire whisky. he poured a glass and swirled it around, hunching over the bar as y/n hopped over.

"anything i can get ya to eat sweetheart?" she asked, just as she usually did when serving a customer.

"mm...a peanut butter sandwich."

she wrote it down and proceeded to make it.

quackity joined him at the bar with a cigar between his lips as he stared at y/n's turned back.

"where's my surprise, amór?" wilbur smirked at quackity from the corner of his eye.

"he'll be here shortly."

wilbur narrowed his eyes and glared at quackity.

"i oughta feed you your own brain. oh wait, you probably don't have one."

"eat your heart out." quackity took his turn to smirk and hopped off the bar stool to go upstairs.

"one PB right here for ya. anything else?"

"company would be fine."

y/n sat beside him as he took a bite and downed his glass of whiskey.

"something bothering you?" y/n asked at the bored look of wilbur.

"meeting the old partner i told ya about. quackity said it was a little gift to me."

"that was rude-"

"i deserved it after distracting karl so he would forget to tell quackity about Kinoko."

y/n choked on her spit as wilbur removed his glasses.

"why did you do that?! why do you hate him so much?!" y/n asked, awestruck.

he though for a moment.

why do i hate quackity....

hm...

oh.

my lovely.

democracy.

(october 17/18,2021 1k)