ᴅᴇғᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ʙɪɢ-ᴍᴀɴ

they walked downstairs and tommy suddenly lost his posture, his ego practically deflating

y/n noticed and pat his back. he nodded, showing that it was appreciated.

"you're the reason i could ever have a good relationship!" quackity yelled as wilbur hated at him.

"that's real rich coming from someone who took MY nation and made it this- this trashboat that everyone hated!"

tommy bit his lip at the mention of his first home, trying not to let tears fall.

"oh yeah?! at least i'm not some piece of shit guy who used CHILDREN! YES, CHILDREN. to build my nation! and expected them to fight a war against the strongest guy in this DAMNED world!"

quackity was fuming as wilbur suddenly straightened his posture and held a blank face.

"at least i was the leader of my nation."

"don't talk about him..." tommy said as he stood at the bottom of the stairs, equally as angry as quackity.

"go outside little boy. i'll deal with you when i'm done with adult business." wilbur glared at tommy.

"adult business? i was in 'adult business' when i was nine to fight some war for you." tommy shot back.

and a new fear flashed in his eyes for a minute as wilbur paused, not even breathing.

"out. now."

tommy ran to the door while wiping his nose with his sweater sleeve.

"listen, quackity. i was never the bad guy. you started as one and now want to act like some saint from the after life, pretending it's poor poor pitiful you. but look here. you meddled in a war you should've never been in and you acted as if it was your husbands' faults you were left behind.

you're a whiny bitch who has a victim complex and can't ever accept when you're in the wrong."

quackity went to reply but choked on his words as wilbur's lecture soaked in.

"that's what i though. maybe try to fix your mistakes before letting your life go to shit and complaining about it."

wilbur stalked off to the exit to finally meet tommy.

"bitch. asshole. cunt. piece of shit. dickhead. prick. assface. p..pathetic worm-" quackity mumbled as he fell to his knees and stared at his hands.

y/n knelt beside him.

"q..."

"asshat, assface, asshole-" he saw his hands blur from his watery eyes.

"quackity you're just calling him an ass." y/n mentioned and quackity face planted into her shoulder.

"he's right. i did. just let it happen. i was with schlatt and let him use me. i let karl and sapnap forget about me-"

"it isn't your fault, just..sleep. i'll get you a potion-"

"no fucking potions!" he yelled and y/n paused.

"quackity you need-"

"i need them to calm down. i know. i've heard it before from him."

y/n decided to sit with him before leading him upstairs. she laid him in his bed as he curled up. he rubbed his back and began speaking.

"it's okay to make a mistake. you just need to realize your mistake and try to fix it to the best of your-"

a crash outside was heard and y/n jumped up.

"ill be right back."

she prayed tommy was okay.

she opened the door quietly and felt her lip tremble from the situation.

wilbur was looking away as tommy was yelling and crying directly at him. the taller man's eyes were hard and angry, his jaw clenched as he tried to hold a straight face.

"my fault! why is it always me blamed! i wanted to live in a safe nation! not be killed and brought back to life! not be manipulated by everyone i come across! not end up like you did-...." tommy paused as he was about to continue screaming the last part.

he stopped because it was a lie.

he looked as if he was going to say something, but stopped. he tried to distract himself so he just wouldn't blurt it out.

"it is your fault! you were so focused on your stupid discs you could've found others of but you let them take over your life!

those pieces of shit were worth more than your first friend and home. you said it yourself."

"shut the fuck up, you absolute worthless little prick! he was a kid! of course kids are obsessed with something that makes him happy! i'm sorry you refuse to have any joy in your life that you needed to make fun of his interests!"

y/n shouted the words suddenly and wilbur glanced to her and kept his eyes trained on her.

tommy didn't care about blurting our the words. he would say it with...meaning this time.

he silently said it, slightly any lower and he would've whispered it. the simple sentence made wilbur finally look the boy straight in the eye, his stone cold face still blatantly saying he was trying hard not to yell. wilbur's response not a welcoming tone, neglecting tommy's pathetic confession.

"i wanted to be just like you..."

"how could you have fallen so far."

they were both obsessed with their loved things, more than anything or anyone

(october 17/18, 2021 1k)