Let Me Back In

I woke up with the sun in my eyes and heavy head resting on my breasts. Zeref's black hair was ruffled and his mouth enveloped one nipple. I pulled my breast from his mouth and wrapped myself up in a sheet. I headed towards the shower and closed the door behind me. I was a married woman. And to top it all off I was married to the strongest mage in the world, Zeref. I sighed and walked to the tub. I turned the water up to hot and waited for it to fill up. I sank down into the hot water, the tension leaking slowly out of my muscles.

I thought back to last night. My wedding was amazing. My dress was somewhere in the house I knew and I chuckled at how much fun I'd had with everyone. Then I realized the one person that I wanted to enjoy this most with me was never even there at the end of the party. Natsu. I missed my usually cheerful friend. I'd wanted him to give me away. My first love approving of my next and final chose. Yes I loved Natsu more than I should but I would put him off until I saw where this went with Zeref.

How long have you wanted to be with Natsu since meeting me Lucy?

I jumped and flung the curtain open and saw a very irritated Zeref staring down at me. " How long have you been awake? " I asked quietly. " Long enough to hear that. " He said and I sighed. " Zeref it's nothing. Really. Just rela- " I started but his glare made me shut my mouth. " Don't say it's nothing because if that was the case then you wouldn't be thinking about Natsu. And do not tell me to relax either because I will strike you if you do. Just get out so I can think. " He said and Zeref turned on his heel.

I sat there in shock. I stood and shook my head angrily. I will not. Zeref wiped back around and he glared at me. What did you say?

I said I will not leave. I am not your pet Zeref. You forget yourself. I am not to be ordered around and bullied by you. Now that we are married I share your power and you share mine. If you try and attack me I will retaliate without mercy.

I stood firm as Zeref stalked towards me. He grabbed me by the throat and he held m up in th air. You do realize I could quiet easily kill you if I wished it so?

You cannot. Whatever is done to me shall be done to. We share powers. Do not tempt me to unleash your own powers on you.

Zeref hissed at me and his eyes narrowed but I stared down at him defiantly. It is your choice Zeref. You can attempt to end me or you can put me down and walk away. I am going to see Natsu and you will let me. I am leaving whether you agree with my decision or not. Am I clear?

Zeref openly roared at me and he tossed me over his shoulder. " Where are you taking me? Put me down. " I said angrily as Zeref bounced me, my thighs gripped tight in his grip. " Somewhere you can shut up and think about what you're about to do and the consequences of your future actions. If you leave I will kill Natsu just to keep him out of your life. You are mine and mine alone and I will not share you with anyone. Especially the boy who messed you up in the first place. " Zeref said just as I heard a door knob turn and I was thrown to the floor.

I landed on my side and I threw my hands out to catch myself.  My hair whipped over my shoulder and smack my cheek lightly. I looked up and through my hair at Zeref. " Think about it then I'll let you out. If you go see him I will kill him. Every thought you have tells me where you are. I can find you anywhere Lucy. Don not fool yourself into thinking that I would ever let you go. " He said and then he slammed the door a soft click told me that he'd just locked me in the room. I jumped up and began to pound on the door. " Zeref! Let me out! LET ME OUT! " I screamed but there was no reply at all. " Zeref let me out NOW! " I tried again but still no answer.

I walked over to the window but Zeref's voice in my head froze me dead in my tracks.

Don't even think about it Lucy. I told you. I know exactly where you are and what you're planning to do.

I huffed and continued to walk to the window. Do you really wish to risk your beloved Natsu's life? He must not mean as much to you as I thought.

I whimpered as Zeref sent me a mental picture. Natsu was hanging by his hands from a rope. His face was hidden from view but his body was badly hurt. His jacket was torn and streaked with blood. His blood. I suddenly realized that he encased in glass. His torn and ragged body was on display for those of Fiore to laugh at. I blinked back tears at the sight of my Natsu being beaten and worse being held accountable for his inevitable failure.

Your Natsu?

Go to hell Zeref.

I've already been thanks to you.

Do even hear yourself right now? Do you understand how utterly selfish you sound right now?

No, do you understand how unreasonable and childish you sound right now? You would put a former crush before your own husband?

I'm not putting him above you or anyone else. Let me go see Natsu. There is no reason fro you to be insecure about anything.

I have every to be insecure. MY wife wants to have secret meetings with her old love! How would you react if I suddenly disappeared and came back without telling you where I'd been?

It's not a secret meeting because you know about it! It was never going to be a secret meeting anyway! Why are you being such an ass?

" I'm not the one being an ass! You are ignoring my feelings by not telling me what you were planning to do! You and I were just married yesterday and now you wish to run off so soon! Honestly I should just let you go if you don't want to be with me but at least I meant what I said. I can't live without you but you're so damn blind that you can't see that! I can't live without you! I refuse to! You make me happy but I can't seem to do the same for you! I don't want you to go and see him because he will take you from me! I don't want to be without you! Not now or ever but you just can't see that, can you? " Zeref shouted and only after the silence descended did I realize that he had spoken aloud.

His chocked sobs pierced my aching heart. I wanted to see Natsu but what would I cost my husband? " I love you. I do. I meant every word I said that night. I would not have married you otherwise but I need to settle this with Natsu before I can let him go fully. I love him. I always will but you have my heart. I'll be back before sunset. " I said and with that I leaped out the nearest window, glass cutting into my flesh. " Lucy...! " I heard Zeref call me name and then a hand snagged the back of my shirt. " What are you doing? The drop is over 4 stories! " Zeref yelled above me. I slipped my hands out of the shirt and I fell shirtless to the ground.

" LUCY! " Zeref roared and I knew that I had only mere seconds before he gave chase. I concentrated hard on my destination and just as a pair of strong arms grabbed another set took their place. " Luce? " A familiar voice asked behind me. I turned in those arms and looked into Natsu's face. " I'm home Natsu. " I breathed and Natsu kisses me freely. " NATSU! " Another very familiar voice shouted behind us. I froze as Natsu pushed me behind his body. " Zeref. " Natsu hissed and I shivered as I felt his dragon scales begin to form on his body. " Give Lucy back to me. " Zeref hissed back at him but I felt Natsu laugh. " Who do you think you are? Lucy dosen't belong to you. She's mine. She always has been and she always will be and there is nothing you can do about it. Stay away from my Lucy. " Natsu said and I jumped in front of him just as Zeref threw death magic at him.

I felt it the instant the magic hit me. It felt as if my entire soul was on fire. I screamed and collapsed, a sea of black rearing over my head and crashing down on me in waves of pain. The last thing I heard was Natsu's tortured cry as it was ripped from his throat and throw down to me at the same time as Zeref's. " LUCY! "