Expect the Unexpected

" Loke? " I squeaked and he smirked at me. " Hey there beautiful. " I smirked and as soon as he put

me down I threw my arms around his neck and squeezed him as close to me as I could. " Whoa Lucy. What's the matter? " Loke asked worried as I hugged him into me. " I've missed you. " I said and I could feel him laughing. " You could have summoned me anytime, Lucy. You know that but still... I missed you too. We've all been waiting a long time." I raised an eyebrow and he smiled. " You can come out now guys. " He shouted and I gasped as 4 women and 7 men melted out of the shadows, among them the young girl and man that had been in the room with me.

" Lucy-nee!!! " The girl shrieked and leaped at me from where she stood. I automatically reached for her and smiled as she settled into my arms. " Loke-San is right Nee-San! We've been waiting for forever! You've sleeping for a long time. Zeref-sama kept me company. I've missed you so much, Nee-San! " I smiled down at her and then looked over at Loke, an eyebrow raised in question.

" Layla left out a lot when she was raising all by herself, huh, Lucy? Do you have any idea who thisn girl is? Any at all?" He asked and gestured to the now perplexed looking child. I shook my head once but had the sneaking suspicion that I should know her.

" Well, she's your... little sister Lucy. Layla separated you two at birth. You were supposed to stay here in order for you mother to protect you but she decided to leave Rima here and run with you. It's been 15 long years Lucy but the remaining Heartfilia's are together again.

My mind was hazy as I stared down at the little girl before me. Her large, luminous, brown eyes reflected mine perfectly as she stared up at me. I could feel myself spinning out as she smiled, a fang poking out from underneath her upper lip. Her long dark blue hair hung down to the back of her ankles, so long that she almost seemed to walk on it.

" Welcome home Sister." She said and walked up to me. She put her hand over the back of my hand and almost as if she'd asked me to, I bent down so that we were eye level. She placed her right hand over my heart and placed her left hand over her own heart. " Same. We have the same heart beat, Sister. I've missed you for so long. Mom left me a picture of us in my bedroom. I stared at your face for years wondering what you'd be like when we met. You're nothing like I imagined your be. You're even better! I'm so happy that I have a big sister like you!" Rima cried as tiny tears rolled down her rosy cheeks.

She hugged me and instinctively I hugged her back, my large arms folding over her small back. I had a sister. And she was more than perfect. I still had family in the world. I still had Rima. I smiled and hugged her tighter to me as my own tears spilled down my cheeks and dropped off my m chin. We were making complete messes of ourselves but I could care less.

I stood and held Rima in one arm. I walked down the hall, which seemed so familiar and so alien at the same time that I was a bit confused but my body knew where it wanted to go so, I kept walking. I came to a stop in front of a large ebony door.

" L-Lucy! Do you know what this room is?" I turned to see Loke wearing a grim expression. " That was the room you died in. Twice." He said and it was then that I passed out.