Closed Heart

Uncle Gia? Who the hell was that? Did she mean Acnologia? I flew a little closer to the embracing pair but froze when Acnologia growled threateningly at me. " No, Uncle. It's okay. This is Princess Lucy. Layla-sama's child. " Melody said and smiled through her rapidly drying tears. "  Acnologia's massive head swung towards me and I stared into endless black eyes that mirrored my own frightened face back at me. " I know who she is. I remember attacking her. " Acnologia said and smiled before he growled at something.

" I want nothing to do with this girl. She is nothing but trouble, just as Layla was. She should have died sooner. " Acnologia said and I let out a growl of my own as he spoke to... nobody. " Don't rush me. I'll return when I am ready. And that place is not my home. " He said and he turned back to face me. " Climb on whelp. You as well Melody. It is high time that you were returned home. " Acnologia said with distaste. " I'll fly on my own, thanks. And I'm not a whelp. My name is Lucy, got it? " I said and flew ahead of him. I turned to face him and stared him down. " You gonna show me the way or what? " I hissed at him and he laughed. 

" You are brave to attempt to challenge me girl. Very brave indeed. You said your name was Lucy, correct? " After a stiff nod from me Acnologia laughed and I could just see the smirk on his mouth as he laughed again. " Well, then, Lucy. Let us see what you are capable of. " He said and with that he shot up into the clouds above us. His roar ripped through the air as he flew in and out of the clouds. " Are you coming, girl? " He said and I almost attacked him.

" Yeah, yeah. Whatever. " I said followed close behind them. Melody hung on to her uncle's neck lovingly, her cheek mashed into his scales. Acnologia growled and snorted. "  I thought I told you not to order me around. I'll be there shortly. Calm yourself foolish human or I shall devour you on arrival. " Acnologia growled and turned to face me. " That was someone you may know. He'll be very surprised to see you, girl. " He said and turned away from me once more. 

What? Who do I know that knows Acnologia? My mind immediately sprang to my husband but that was impossible. Z- he said he was going to disappear.  It was impossible. He couldn't be... wherever we were going. Suddenly Acnologia took a steep dive, his dark wings slicing the clouds as he descended. I dove after him, the cloud cover blocking my vision. A huge black tail appeared in front of me and it was too late to turn. I crashed head first into Acnologia's tail. " PRINCESS!!! " I heard Melody and Acnologia shout at the same time.

I fell faster and faster and faster, the ground rushing up to meet me. My body was completely numb, my forehead throbbing in pain. The only thing I could think about was how hard Acnologia's tail was. This was all  his fault but I couldn't seem to make myself be mad about that. I found it funny. I began to laugh as the ground got closer and closer. I was only a few feet from becoming a splatter on the ground. I closed my eyes and smiled as the ground came closer and closer.

" I love you. "

" I always knew you were an angel but this is ridiculous. I love you too, Lucy. " I opened my eyes slowly and blinked in order to keep the tears  from my eyes. It SO didn't work. I felt tears, fat and salty, rolling down my sudden;y burning cheeks as I looked up at a dream. He smiled down at me and suddenly I was sobbing and my arms were around him and I was gone, gone, gone. I couldn't stop kissing him, my arms wrapped so tight around his neck, it was a wonder that I wasn't choking him.

His hands were cupping my chin and cheeks as he kissed me back with a bruising force but I couldn't seem to get enough. The kiss was painful and wonderful and completely bursting with happiness. He broke the kiss only when there was no more air left. My lungs burned but our heart burned brighter as we stared into each others eyes. How I'd missed him! I smiled and placed a chaste kiss on his hot mouth and smiled up at him. " My hero. "

" Forever. I've missed you my darling. " 

" I've missed you too. Never leave me again. " He smiled down at me and stopped my words with another searing kiss. " Never again, my love. Lucy." I smiled wider and tears poured from my eyes again. " I love you, Zeref. Always and forever. " Zeref has finally come home. And he would never leave again. I would follow him to the ends of the Earth. My Zeref was the only one for me. He always would be. I kissed him on the cheek and yawned. " You sleepy, darling? " I nodded and he kissed my forehead.   " Sleep then. I'll take you home. Rest now. " I hummed in my throat and put my head on his chest and yawned again.

The last thing I heard was a dragon's roar as I fell asleep to my husbands heartbeat.