The Slumbering Dragon

I felt a calloused hand running through my hair, causing little shivers to run down my spine. " Zeref... Stop that. It's too early to wake up." I whined but Zeref just chuckled and continued to massage my head. " Baby... stop it..." I whined and he laughed and leaned down to kiss the top of my head. " I promised to treat you like a Princess. This is the royal treatment, Lucy. Or should I apply other means of persuasion!" He asked and I shot out of bed, stumbling into the dresser. I glared at Zeref and he crooked a finger at me.

" Return to bed. Weren't you just complaint about the time?" He asked and I leapt at him and growled, my hands pinning his above his head. " Listen here you miserable monster you, it's not even 10:00 yet. I should not be moving around at this time. You can bother me anytime after 12:00. Before then you will leave me alone or I will tie you up and make you stand in the corner with your hands pasted to the ceiling. Am I clear?" I growled playfully at him and he arched an eyebrow at me, the most delicious smirk planting itself on his face.

" Kinky. How about I tie you up and we have a little fun like that?" He said and I laughed at him before kissing him lightly. " What is this... 50 Shades of Grey?" I asked, trying to keep the blush off my face as I remembered the one time I'd regretted reading a book. " 50 Shades of... Grey? What is that?" He asked and I couldn't stop the splash of color that tinted my cheeks. " Something you should never know about." I say quickly and roll off him, heading towards the bathroom. I walked up to the door and stepped inside before turning to look at my bewildered husband.

" I'm going to take a shower. I'll be out in 5 years. Don't wait for me. Just tell Uncle Gia that I'll be right there." I called back to him and closed the bathroom door behind me. I slid down the door and put my hands over my cheeks as I tried to control my blush. " Why'd I have to bring that up? He's bad enough without an extra incentive from me. " I said to myself but I smirked as I got up and walked over to the bathtub. 

I turned on the water and waited for the pool sized tub to fill. I stared at the water and thought back on the past month. I had been rough for Zeref and I to get used to the other's presence after our little slobber fest. I found it physically painful to be around him without seeing my mother's face. I would wonder to myself how he'd killed her after my uncle had come to rescue my sister and I. Melody made the effort to give the both of us space when it was just the three of us in a room together. It surprised me to find that Melody and Zeref had known each other since the time I'd joined Fairy Tail, over 3 and a half years ago.

She told me about their epic fight and the make up. It made me a feel a little  lighter to see my sister be able to laugh about her old pains. If she could do it then I could to and it was probably her joy that made me choose to focus on my own. I realized I couldn't hold his crimes against him for eternity when he was already doing that for himself. In the end he came to me and begged for my forgiveness but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't hold a grudge for too long.

My heart had always been my vice but I got the feeling that Zeref wouldn't hurt me like that on purpose if ever again. We spent days getting to know each other again. We laughed and cried and managed to stitch ourselves back together, though there were strands that we both knew would remain tattered and torn. Zeref made me realize my weakness and my strengths. He made me realize just how much I need someone else to hold onto. We renewed our vows and we each had golden bands of stars sitting on our ring fingers. That was one of my happiest memories since I'd gotten here. I sighed and smiled before climbing into the steaming water, sinking into the depths up to the top of my head.

I sat blowing bubbles until I couldn't breath anymore. I came up for breath and nearly choked at the sight before me. Zeref stood next to the tub, naked and glistening as he watched me watching him. " Are you going to keep staring at me or are you going to slide over so I can sit next to my lovely wife?" He asked and I gave an automatic response. " Yes. I mean no!!! Get out!! You can't be in here!! I'm taking my bath!" I shouted and blushed as he put his hands on his hips and looked down at me. I turned away and blushed harder when he laughed and bent down so that his face was level with mine. " What?? You've seen it before. No need to be embarrassed, Lucy." He said and laughed. Again. I sighed irritably and stood, trying to pretend that I didn't care about his roaming eyes.