Rage, Stars & Flames

I know you guys have been waiting for some time for an update so here's another chapter for ya!! Happy reading!

Signed,

The Crazy Chick Writing This Book

" What?" I asked bewildered, my voice shaking as I stared at the shadowy figure in front of me , his identity no mystery to me. " Attack. Me. I know you want to. Or are you too scared to fight me? " He asked and I growled at him, a small fissure appearing in my heart, a map of heart break being etched into the surface. " My being scared has nothing to do with my hesitation. What's the catch? " I asked and he smirked, his white smile, piercing the darkness that shielded his face from my view.

" Clever girl. The catch is I can defend myself and if you choose not to attack within a minute of the start of the battle I can opt to attack first. " He said and I sighed. " I'm not in the mood to deal with you. Take your childish games and go. " I said and my heart beat a little harder as I dismissed him, determined to do the same to his place in my heart that he'd somehow managed to secure. He sucked in a breath as if I'd physically hit him and my heart throbbed painfully but I ignored it as I continued to stare him down.

" You will fight me or you shall fight your spirits. All of them consented to this. You have two options. Pick one. " He said and stepped forward until we were only a hairs breath away from each other. " Hit. Me. " He hissed and it was at that moment that all my rage consumed me and I shoved him away from me with all the strength I could muster.

" YOU WANT ME TO ATTACK YOU??? FINE!! TAKE THIS YOU CONCEITED PRICK!!! " I shouted and a suddenly a bright yellow glow erupted from my hands and ripped Zeref in half. I gasped and fell to my knees, my eyes full of tears as I registered the fact that I had just ripped a man to pieces. A slight push knocked me forward into the grass, my rump tilted in the air with all the grace in the world. I turned to see Zeref standing behind me, a smirk that was pure evil on his mouth.

" Did you really think your measly blast could kill me?? " He asked and smirked harder but it seemed off. My body didn't really care and I launched myself at him again, my hands closing over the collar of his robe.

I roared at him and he ducked beneath my palm as I reached out to slap him. " You told me... to attack... you. So... stop... moving... you... bastard!! " I wheezed as he tripped me and I fell face forward into the dirt once again. " Why... should I? " He coughed out as I landed a swift backwards kick to his midriff, the bones in my foot vibrating with a slight twinge of pain. " You... initiated this fight. And I ... want it... finished!! " I said and as soon as I got him to fall backwards I leapt on him and put my foot on his throat, the nails of my toes digging into his flesh.

" Fine. I attacked you? Satisfied? " I asked and without waiting for his reply I removed my foot and began to walk away until his hand snaked out to grab my foot. I snatched my foot out of the way before bringing it down on his hand.

He moved his hand before I could crush it and I sucked in a breath as the pain reverberated up into my spine. I hissed and gingerly picked my foot up before putting it in front of me in the direction of the house.

" LUCY WAIT!!! " Zeref called from below me and a sudden spark of rage over took me. " WAIT?  Wait, he says! Wait FOR WHAT REASON? WHAT REASON COUD I POSSIBLY HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE MAN THAT TOOK MY MOTHER FROM ME!! DID YOU WAIT WHEN SHE WAS TRYING TO GET US AWAY FROM YOU?? DID YOU?!! NO!!! YOU TOOK MY MOTHER FROM ME!!! DO YOU GET THAT? THE ONE PERSON THAT LOVED ME WITH ALL HER HEART AND NOW SHE'S GONE BECAUSE OF YOU, AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE GUTS TO TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! IM DONE WAITING FOR A PERSON WHO KEEPS ABUSING ME!! JUST HOW MUCH PAIN DO YOU THINK I CAN HANLDE BY MYSELF?? MY HEART'S NOT MADE OF STEEL!!! I FEELPAIN JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE!! Why can't you understand that? I miss you so much! I do! With everything I have I love you so much! But you keep slashing holes in me and there's only so much pain you can force on me, Zeref. " I whispered and tears filled my eyes as I chocked on the sorrow that was threatening to flood my entire body.

" I love you! So much! But I can't trust you! You make me feel so happy and so... broken... at the same time. I don't know what to do anymore. I... I should just let you go. " I said but Zeref leapt up and raced towards me. I put my hands up and screamed in his direction, not capable of forming words at that moment. " You and Natsu are so similar. I love you both but you too are clearly just too alike. " I breathed and whipped my hands in front of me. " I'm going to start fresh. I'm done with the pain, the sadness... everything. I don't want either of you anymore. You know what... no actually the gods decided Natsu and I were meant to be together so I think I'll go back. At least he hasn't tried to kill me or anyone I love. I just... I can't do this anymore, Zeref. This back and forth with you... I'm done. " I laughed brokenly and turned my back on him for the last time.

I froze when I felt his arms come around the tops of my shoulders, stopping me from moving. " NO! I'M NOT GOING TO LET YO GO! I LOVE YOU!! I'M SORRY FOR EVERYTHING IVE EVER DONE TO UPSET YOU!! I KNOW I'M A COLLASAL IDIOT THAT DOESN'T SAY THE RIGHT THING MOST OF THE TIME!! I KNOW THAT I CAN GET POSSESIVE AN CLINGY AND ANNOYING!! BUT I WOULDN'T WANT TO LIVE ANY OTHER WAY WITH ANYONE ELSE!! YOU ARE MY LIFE!! I CAN'T LOSE YOU!! YOU'RE THE ONLY GOOD THING I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE AND IF I LOSE YOU I WOULD DIE!! YOU ARE MY LIGHT AND MY DARKNESS ALL IN ONE! YOU ARE MY WEAKNESS AND MY STRENGHT!! YOU ARE EVERYTHING TO ME AND I'LL NEVER LET YOU GO!! AS LONG AS I LIVE I WON'T STOP CHASING YOU!! I'LL CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH IF I HAVE TO!! I COULD NEVER WILLING LET YOU GO!! I KNOW I BREAK YOUR HEART! THEN BREAK MINE BUT PLEASE... please! Don't leave me! I can't lose you. " Zeref whispered heart brokenly to me and I felt small drops of wetness slipping down my shoulder and I turned so that I could see his face.

I began to cry as I saw my own pain reflected at me in his eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we sank to the ground as we cried our hearts out. I clung to him fiercely and in that moment, nothing mattered more to me than him. It was still true that he had murdered my mother but I just couldn't find it in myself to keep torturing him. I would be no better than Natsu who would constantly throw Lissanna in my face whenever we were alone together.

I don't remember how long we sat there but Zeref carried me back into my room and lay next to me, our fingers interlocked as we fell into a long awaited sleep.