Catching Stars in a Raindrop

I didn't notice I was crying until Loke wiped the stray tears that had trickled down my splotchy cheeks. " Don't cry Lucy. " He said and hugged me and then I found myself sobbing as I clutched his shirt, my screams echoing in the room. Several hands joined his as he rocked me back and forth. Loke sat me in his lap and I threw my arms around his neck as my mother's name came bursting from my mouth. 

" LAYLA! MOM! MOM!!! " I screeched and I sobbed hard, shattering sobs that rocked me to my very core. The one person I loved most in the world had been saved by the one dragon in the world I couldn't stand. But... did I really hate him? I didn't know. It didn't feel like it. I wanted to hate him. For not saving my mother. For not getting there faster. For not telling me that he'd known her.

I screamed and cried and sobbed for what felt like an eternity. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. Then I stood and walked out of the room in search of the one person that I wanted to see at the moment. I walked and then I ran and then I was sprinting down the hallway calling his name. " Luce- "

" ACNOLOGIA!! " I yelled and rushed past Zeref as he called me. If Acnologia knew my mother then he did as well. Yet he'd never mentioned her. I ran for the doors, tears in my eyes again as the black dragon sat curled in a ball, his massive head tucked into his shoulder, a cross between a whine and a howl emanating from his throat. 

He opened his eyes, eyes that seemed so mush larger and wider as if he'd seen then entire world, and closed them again. The sorrow that cloaked his body seemed to be alive, with a life of it's own as it came off him in waves. " Now you've learned of your mother's death and my involvement. What are you going to do now? " Acnologia asks but his voice lacks it's usual gruffness. Loke retelling that story must have taken a toll on everyone.

I walked up to him and put my hand on the side of his head and sighed, tiny tears rolling down my face. " I... Thank you for what you did for my mother, my sister and me. You did all you could and I appreciate that more than you know. Uncle. " I said and hugged his jaw as he roared into the air, a heartbroken keening ripping itself from his mouth. 

His head lowered itself to the ground and I hugged his neck as he whined softly. " She wouldn't allow me to save her if it meant you two would be lost. The look in her eyes before she died... I wanted to do more. I wanted to save her! I could have saved her! She would be alive if not for him! It's all my fault. " Acnologia growls out and I lift my head from off his neck. " You know who killed her? " I asked and Acnologia hung his head in shame.

" I do. The man that killed my brother and your mother. His name- "

" DON'T! " I turned to see Zeref running out of the house, his hands flailing as he ran towards us. He seemed off, as if something had gone completely wrong. 

" -is Zeref. "